Author Topic: Forum kind of small?  (Read 9740 times)

Offline PNill

• Iguana
  • T:REP 144
    • View Profile
Forum kind of small?
« on: April 25, 2016, 02:14:50 AM »
Just a random question the forum seems quite small / inactive for the amount of players there actually are of the Turok games is this due to lack of advertising it?

I've just noticed there's quite a few people on steam groups / communities and stuff since the remaster came out but there's not quite as many people hanging around here.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Re: Forum kind of small?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 07:28:23 PM »
Would like to know other thoughts from members. Also, any ideas or such that could help more just let me know. Any promotion is good I have been working on something to help expose a little more. I was thinking to giveaway Turok steam keys in a raffle draw for social media you won't have to join the forum but I figure the link to visit it could possibly help us reach even more strays of Turok hehe.

I think well just my opinion, but steam has easier access lots of gamers are already online playing all there games and can stop by and say how they like Turok also. I have a few comments in them to and participated with the game itself. But what you see here is a dedicated Turok community nearly playing, checking on, posting, or messing with Turok whenever we can. For example like you messing with Turok Evolution that's not something an average fan does :) I'm not quite sure myself but more promo could always help.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 07:41:20 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 09:47:41 PM »
Yeah were kind of small but faithful to Turok. You should of seen when it was first started or when I first joined haha. But were steady and been doing it before the game released or before it was announced. Some ppl might not want to go to the site and some ppl might be scared of dinomite. if either one of those are the reason then screw'em.

I hate steam myself all GoG for me because I can play my games in peace :) Nothing against steam users though.

Overall Turok has lots of fans but only some are actually for real deep about it.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:49:00 PM by Rok »
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 12:30:54 AM »
There is some great fans in there though I met and talked with a few of them good people on my friends list on there to even if there not that's okay though my friends list is full lot of turok fans so its fun. But there are also really bad people on steam like on my review for Turok on steam. Some of them seem to think I can't review Turok because I tested for free and signed an nda which prevented me from spilling a single shred of it. Did it for love baby and would do it again haha and I thought I reserve the right to review my favorite game don't I? Well I kind of lost it a bit in that but I think I held up good. Some of them thought because I was in mapster32(non steam game) that I was mapping for Turok and I was the developer(mapster32 is the map program for Duke 3D) I'm sure they didn't like it when I told them I had Spiritual Invincibility in my closet xD But there are some good ppl on steam and most who I know are also members here though.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 05:11:25 PM »
I think what rok means is well you confront some membrrs before and got into little disputes Dino. But little disputes shouldnt be enough to just not return to the forum... if you really like Turok true and true you would simply argue your case. Not put your tail between legs and hide.. Besides nothing you said to anyone on here was even that offensive except maybe to shadow which I think that ended. Its like jmmreview guy did...you confronted him he stood his ground we moved on things are good. Instead of running away from confrontation. Anyway its a forum opinions are almost everything. Only the strong survive.

Also I have nothing at all against steam users and there is probably some cool fans in there no doubt. But all the forums for every game are the same on steam bunch of repetitive remarks and questions pretty much. I know this and I dont even have steam ^ if its not that then its ppl looking for "steam fame" remember they like turok also.
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 05:35:00 PM »
Even if you were its still love Dino :)
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 08:57:54 PM »
Well doesn't really matter where Turok is really its good to see at least no matter the case. Whether it be here or the T2 forums, steam, Turok wiki, or even murderisrelevant's Turok reddit page. And facebook pages here is one https://www.facebook.com/groups/turokforums/ and here is another also its Turok 2 facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/153600471348159/.

We are partners in a way the with the Turok 2 forums but for some reason we were unable to keep the link here and its because of a dmca notice that is kind of absurd I did give that place its own board. But I wont get into that. Anyways, we did have supports for them and they still do for us but its unfortunate for our side kind of sucks I have a good respect for that place. But anyways what I mean is I do show support for where ever it is :)

But I just started a Turok Dinosaur Hunter giveaway on steam gifts though with link in the description. Not exactly what I have in mind but its a start here while I work out some of the other ideas which wouldn't have some of the steamgift limits.

https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/iaw6F/turok
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 09:11:51 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal