Author Topic: [Release] DOOMROK [Doom 64 ex]  (Read 31425 times)

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Re: [Release] DOOMROK [Doom 64 ex]
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2016, 01:26:54 PM »
Thanks, glad you like it :) About Duke mapping...No I haven't stopped yet I actually have a few things I'm working on in Duke but its pretty much on a pause for now. Some I can't say but I can say this one ;)

This map is so big that I'm unable to add anymore to it because I reached the limit. I just need to do some finishing touches like aligning some of the textures and small things like that. But when its a huge map its hard to go through all the small things.

But that level is part of 3 map episode mod.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/turok-nukem
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 08:07:05 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2016, 09:57:12 AM »
What are the map limits on the editor? I was actually wondering for a while if there was such a thing.

I'm surprised I haven't reached any of them yet, though the scale of my map is quite small and confined in some areas due to the shape.

I need to get back into it. It's been more than a few days since my last session on it. I need to figure out events and activation on enemy death, next.

You should try a Lost Land (T1 Level 7 version). The fog and the lava fields along with the industrial looking fortress always looked good. I know there's two foggy sky boxes (Cyan and Red) on that editor, though not in yellow, but I'm sure you're able to edit those.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 09:58:20 AM by AbyssalDragon86 »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2016, 09:22:37 PM »
I am unsure what the limits are on the Doom Builder actually, I only know the limit of Duke 3d's editor. I'm sure you will get the other things you are going to try, I think you will be surprised how easy some things can be done since you pretty much know the editor now and how it works already :)
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2016, 12:24:53 AM »
Out of all the stuff, I haven't been able to reach any limits. I guess you can build much bigger. I remember making a massive arena with 1000 Cyberdemons, once. xD If there is a limit, it must be astronomical. The only thing a big map will probably do is increase the WAD in file size and they're pretty small files.

I kind of want an enemy death to trigger another enemy (acting as the guardian of that area) which you must kill to open the way to the portal that leads to the next area. If it's possible to make waves of enemies, one spawning after another... The area's main enemy will be a "Nightmare Creature" or on my map, an "Abyssal _____". An Abyssal Knight, Mancubus and Baron are a few ideas for area mini-bosses. I should have an Abyssal Cyberdemon, but I wasn't planing on having a massive boss fight. Maybe in a sequel to my theme.

As annoying as they are to fight, I wish this game had Revenants and Arch-Viles in it.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2016, 10:32:58 AM »
Duke 3d's mapping limit is really big its over 16k walls and 16k sprites. Duke measures by how many walls, sectors, and sprites you have and there aren't many user maps that use that amount and none of the maps in the original game even come close to reaching this number. That Duke map took me over a year to make but since its still not finished I guess I can say over two years now hehe :) I have a feeling Doom's is probably around the same but maybe a little more the limits on these things are ridiculously big and most likely won't be hit.

As far as trigger on death/ spawner this demon on my map(where the blue key is) triggers enemies to spawn. You can probably reference it for sure

Revenant is my favorite Demon and he is added into the Brutal Doom 64 :)) But not Arch-vile.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 01:10:39 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Doom Dojo

• Iguana
  • T:REP 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2017, 02:11:57 PM »
I actually already played this one when it was shared to the Doom facebook. Awesome map crazy combo. Hope to see more Doom 64 ex maps from you!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 02:12:23 PM by Doom Dojo »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2017, 12:32:18 PM »
I actually already played this one when it was shared to the Doom facebook. Awesome map crazy combo. Hope to see more Doom 64 ex maps from you!

I have 3 new maps coming soon as a mini episode :) 2/3 are already done third is about 70% I would say so soon.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2018, 10:22:22 PM »

DoomRok V2 Updates 12/8/18:

Fixed end of map screen to display map name correctly.
Added a lot of lighting/color.

https://turoksanctum.com/doomrok/
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 10:22:50 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Immorpher

• Iguana
  • T:REP 9
    • View Profile
    • Immorpher's Dark Ambient
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2020, 10:49:34 PM »
A year later and a port of Doom 64 is now on Steam! But on topic, I had a great time with this map. Early Doom 64 designs had pyramids and textures inspired by ancient cultures, which eventually got put into the hell levels, so the aztec themed textures of Turok fit well in Doom 64. The beginning of the map reminds me a bit of the beginning of Blood and rising from a grave which is nice. I particularly like when you get a bit wild with the gradient lighting and blend red with cyan (which are complimentary colors). It's a fun level with good navigation and the right amount of ammo.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2021, 11:52:10 PM »
Seems interesting, Ill check it out may even stream the map, seems really neat!!

Good luck just consider that it was one of my first Doom 64 levels lol.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal