Author Topic: [HELP] Unable to move between different sectors  (Read 4369 times)

Offline DoomMarine23

• Raptor
  • T:REP 230
    • View Profile
[HELP] Unable to move between different sectors
« on: May 12, 2017, 09:46:33 PM »
EDIT: Badger helped me out. The problem is that my vertices were not connected. To fix this, I deleted the big grass triangle sector that leads into the cave mouth sectors, and actually used F2 and drew out the cave mouth sectors into the grass.

Hey guys, I've recently got serious about Turok mapping and while I understand sectors and how they work, I seem to be running into a strange issue with them.

My sectors are connected, I have validated the map and they have no errors, and if I spawn the player on the cave sectors you can move inside just fine.

But for some reason, the sectors are completely separated and I cannot walk from the grass to the cave, or vice versa. I have absolutely no idea how to fix this, been trying for over an hour now. I've recreated the sectors both with F2 Sector Reaction and Ctrl+D Drawing mode and nothing seems to work.  Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 10:06:26 PM by DoomMarine23 »

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 772
    • View Profile
Re: [HELP] Unable to move between different sectors
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 10:01:58 PM »
PMed doom marine already, but as reference for anyone else looking, make sure you connect all your verts or you wont be able to walk across sectors :P

Offline DoomMarine23

• Raptor
  • T:REP 230
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 10:05:08 PM »
PMed doom marine already, but as reference for anyone else looking, make sure you connect all your verts or you wont be able to walk across sectors :P

Just wanted to say thank you again Badger.

I've updated my post with what I did with your advice to fix my specific problem.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 10:11:58 PM by DoomMarine23 »

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 12:34:13 AM »
Hi Doom Marine23 welcome. Hope to see your map someday. Good job. There is a lot of Turok Doomers I notice :)
Raptor Rok is metal.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal