Author Topic: Porting Duke Nukem Zero Hour to PC  (Read 86268 times)

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 675
    • View Profile
Porting Duke Nukem Zero Hour to PC
« on: February 13, 2016, 04:54:17 PM »

New: www.youtube.com/watch?v=84qorvJhIYo&featureyoutu.be

In time... after i have a solid Brutal Tutok update out and it uploaded to MOD DB, i will work on the side and then soon full time: towards porting Duke Nukem Zero Hour to the Kex engine. ( on PC ) the very engine that Turok 1 on steam runs off of. :) just wanted to give people a heads up since this is the first time i announced this. will see how this goes ;)

model data, first level, Dukes control room with the hologram earth globe  and the duke himself.

"hail to the king baby!"

------------------------------------

and for fun why not make some bonus levels or "secret levels" based on levels from duke nukem 3d N64 version that we can visit in zero hour :)
EDIT: the following pictures are level data ripped from the N64 version of Duke Nukem 3d, this idea is just a thought, a "concept" that may be a intresting feature in a PC verison of duke nukem zero hour, and may not be in a final zero hour production:

for the sake of legality i must state that this is a mod that is in development and is in no way an article or substance that is being manufactured or refined for sale.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 08:24:16 AM by Snake Plissken »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Re: porting zero hour to pc
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 11:45:57 PM »
I will be glad to help in anyway I can to Duke Zero Hour Ex sounds fun hopefully it can stay undercover so no legal matters come up but I would love to try this to. I would like to play this game proper emulators don't do me justice :P I play it on my n64 before some emulator but I would like to play it on pc now.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 11:48:30 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline MrRumbleRoses

• Iguana
  • T:REP 42
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 11:54:51 PM »
that would be awesome to see :) Duke Nukem: Zero Hour was one of my favorite Duke games in the series. and i'd love to see it come to PC, as well as Steam. same thing with Duke Nukem 64 to :D
Nothing's More Deadly Then Roses

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 12:11:22 AM »
I will be glad to help in anyway I can to Duke Zero Hour Ex sounds fun hopefully it can stay undercover so no legal matters come up but I would love to try this to. I would like to play this game proper emulators don't do me justice :P I play it on my n64 before some emulator but I would like to play it on pc now.

right, ill keep this in mind, and ill play it by ear, will take what steps will be needed ill see to it, even if it means decentralizing the people behind it/ and where data is stored, but for now i got 100% means of getting all textures, sounds, models, levels, out of the game in there original entry as they were in the n64 version. the sounds even sound a little bit better i think.
   and thanks duke64 will work on this when the time comes, i believe i would like a solid brutal turok release under our belts first, something we can post to mod db for turok. i was planing on getting more into this duke project after that was done.
     but it may look like ill be able to do a bit more work on this then i thought at first, ill try to update this post, as often as i can with new info.

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 12:16:59 AM »

right, ill keep this in mind, and ill play it by ear, we are just simple folk making a simple none for profit mod. "what kind of world do we live in where we cant do what we want with a product we legally purchased and have the rights to"  is what i say ;).  will take what steps will be needed ill see to it, even if it means decentralizing the people behind it/ and where data is stored, but for now i got 100% means of getting all textures, sounds, models, levels, out of the game in there original entry as they were in the n64 version. the sounds even sound a little bit better i think.
   and thanks duke64 will work on this when the time comes, i believe i would like a solid brutal turok release under our belts first, something we can post to mod db for turok. i was planing on getting more into this duke project after that was done.
     but it may look like ill be able to do a bit more work on this then i thought at first, ill try to update this post as often as i can with new info.

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 02:54:37 AM »
Sobek can do all. All hail
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 08:13:17 AM »
Sobek can do all. All hail

sobek really is a fluid, dynamic, and flexible engine. i notice it can pull off all the effects and things as seen in both Duke nukem zero hour and shadows of the empire.

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
Re: Porting Duke Nukem Zero Hour to PC
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 10:04:44 AM »
i updated this post with more screenshots.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 01:31:20 AM »
in time... after i have a solid Brutal Tutok update out and it uploaded to MOD DB, i will work on the side and then soon full time: towards porting Duke Nukem Zero Hour to the Kex engine. ( on PC ) the very engine that Turok 1 on steam runs off of. :) just wanted to give people a heads up since this is the first time i announced this. will see how this goes ;)

Love these two photos such a tease :P
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 08:35:04 PM »
So far this is going be a full on port but with a better render. But I'm thinking of makeing it primarily First person view . And perhaps with redux weapons.

As of this moment it would have to be first person view but with orignal weapons, this is becuse I'm still waiting on the animation tool tool, and other softwares to be finished and ready for me to use, for the engine I'm useing for this project. We will see what those tools have in store :)   Without them no third person without getting .net dll's involved. And I'm still learning how to makes those.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal