Author Topic: BehemothProgrammer's MP addons v1.0  (Read 13580 times)

Offline BehemothProgrammer

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 791
    • View Profile
BehemothProgrammer's MP addons v1.0
« on: June 30, 2017, 06:02:44 PM »
This mod contains MP addons that can be integrated into your own MP mod. Or if you just want to use it as is then rename the .zip to .kpf and throw it in your mods folder.

Download https://www.dropbox.com/s/wzaphuavodotlnp/BP_MPAddon_1.0.zip?dl=0

Features
  • Host commands to change gravity, speed, damage, abilities such as double jump, dashing (double tap movement direction), ground pounding (Press <Crouch> when high in the air), and player slapping
  • Flare Gun causes damage to enemies and sets ai enemies on fire
  • Mag60 new fire sound effect. Press <Alt Fire> to enter it's alternate fire mode where each shot causes massive damage but consumes 25 rounds.
  • Razorwind throws and moves faster and always comes back to player and keeps it's blood texture up to 3 non hits. Seeks to ai enemies (OP).

How to add to your existing mod
Copy the folders to your mods folders. If your OS asks are you sure you want to overwrite a file then you have conflict and you need to take note of the described core Turok 2 file changes below. The changes to those files are required but you may have changed those files for your own mod. If you don't want to overwrite them you can read below and make the changes I've detailed below yourself for each file conflict.

Changes to core Turok 2 files
  • defs/enemies.txt (Added scriptcomponents for all enemies and added more defs for enemies that didn't have one)
  • defs/misc.txt (Changed scriptclass on kActor_Misc_MissileController, kActor_Misc_BoreController, kActor_Misc_BladeController)
  • defs/player.txt (added scriptcomponent)
  • defs/weapons.txt (added scriptcomponents for all weapons)
  • particles/Flare.particle (required changes for modded flare gun)
  • particles/Sawblade.particle (Changed hits to be violent and increased damage values)
  • sounds/shaders/Flare Fizzle Loop.ksnd (changed some volume and pitch settings)
  • sounds/shaders/Mag60 Pistol Fire.ksnd (changed wavefile path to play the new sound file)

Console commands
call help (Shows a list of all available commands)
call showmods (Displays a list of the current servers mod settings)

Host only commands
call grav0 to 100 (Sets gravity. Default value 60)
call speed0 to 100 (Sets player speed. Default value 50)
call dmg0 to 100 (Sets the damage scale that players deal out. Default value 10)
call dmg1000 (Sets the damage scale that players deal out to 1000 aka insta kill)
call dmgshowon (Turns on damage number popups)
call dmgshowoff (Turns off damage number popups)
call def0 to 100 (Sets how much scaled damage players will receive. Default value 10)
call def1000 (Sets how much scaled damage players will receive to 1000 aka 1 hit death)
call jumpon (Turns on Double Jump ability)
call jumpoff (Turns off Double Jump ability)
call dashon (Turns on Ground Dash ability)
call dashoff (Turns off Ground Dash ability)
call airdashon (Turns on Air Dash ability)
call airdashoff (Turns off Air Dash ability)
call slamon (Turns on Ground Slam ability)
call slamoff (Turns off Ground Slam ability)
call cloakon (Turns on players cloaking)
call cloakoff (Turns off players cloaking)
call slap0 to 15 (Slaps a player with id. Type playeridx in console to find the player id to slap)

Example:
call grav52
will set gravity for players to 0.52
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 06:11:40 PM by BehemothProgrammer »
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

QTurok | Turok: Mountain of the Sun | WolfenTurok 3D | and more...

Offline postal

• Iguana
  • T:REP 60
    • View Profile
Re: BehemothProgrammer's MP addons v1.0
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 06:14:18 PM »
This is some super handy stuff right here, great job man

Offline vis

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 853
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 06:16:50 AM »
Keep good job, behemoth! Tnx for all!
(GoT) vis *RS*
 :nuke:

Offline ilgm

• Iguana
  • T:REP 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 01:41:07 PM »
Oh my god you actually added slapping lol. You're a hero for Turok 2 modding. Looks like one of those essential half life server addons
I really wanted some of these commands in dodgeball so thanks for releasing it. Now I can finally add fast switch for the grenade launcher
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 01:44:36 PM by ilgm »

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 06:47:00 PM »
Thanks I hope it helps. I should also say for those that have already edited scripts (if you haven't then don't worry about what I'm about to say) - that the scripts/weapons.txt file is no longer used and weapon scripts are now put into there own separate files in the scripts/BP/Weapons folder. And the base weapon script is ScriptWeapon.cpp

I did the same thing for scripts/missileController.txt. All the controllers are in scripts/Actors/Controllers

Enemies are in scripts/BP/Actors/AI (Base class is AI.cpp)

Player script is located at scripts/BP/Actors/Player.cpp

And the base class for all actors(Player,AI,Controllers,Maps) is scripts/BP/Actors/ScriptActor.cpp

The default settings for the mods are located at the top of the file in scripts/BP/Actors/Player.cpp

If you need any help let me know with that.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 06:48:50 PM by BehemothProgrammer »
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 01:49:05 AM »
Nice handy work xD hey glad you are around working with Turok mate. This is really skilled stuff gj it has lots of interesting tweaks here. Added this on Turok Sanctum.

https://turoksanctum.com/behemothprogrammers-mp-addons-v1-0/
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 02:25:25 AM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 11:29:36 AM »
This is really nice stuff man. Good work that was crazy floating with gravity. And you already know I like that ground slam 8)
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline ilgm

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 01:45:25 AM »
I'm getting a weird bug where sometimes the enemy projectiles in raptorfest don't do any damage to players, they just pass through. I tried all sorts of things to fix it, I eventually did when I put the BP scriptcomponents in my enemies def file, but last time we played I noticed they weren't doing damage.

I just tried fixing that again, first by putting your mod into my mod and overwriting everything. That didn't fix it, so I tried just your mod with my mod's projectiles which ended up working. The weird thing is the original version of my mod, which wasn't working before, works now after loading it again. So after all that, the only thing that changed was me loading another mod and restarting steam, I'm not even sure if it's a problem with your mod at this point but I thought I'd let you know anyway.

Offline ilgm

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 12:41:40 PM »
I have bNetLatched on those particles to make sure they won't desync. That was also from testing on my own server, just starting up raptor fest with the purlinn gunner as the first spawn

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2017, 01:58:19 PM »
I don't think it has anything to do with my mod. I didn't do anything with enemy particles. If it's a network thing, try starting a local game (which is offline) and see if the enemies hit you or not. I don't know what I could suggest that might be the problem.
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal