Author Topic: Turok 2 MP - Dodgeball  (Read 20360 times)

Offline ilgm

• Iguana
  • T:REP 109
    • View Profile
Re: Turok 2 MP - Dodgeball
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2017, 02:53:25 AM »
You can thank kaiser for that map. I'm glad you posted that cause it reminded me to finally add a depth buffer to the bore's blood effects

I put in a new weapon, the meteor gun

It replaces the pistol and only has one shot. As far as I know there's only two official multiplayer maps that have the pistol right now, cavern and vulcan's forge. postal already added it into musicalchairs, and zoom city has all weapon spawns in Newman's room. It's probably better to make the pistol spawn timer really slow cause it might just be stronger than the nuke
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 03:01:54 AM by ilgm »

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2017, 10:28:45 AM »
That's madness haha. I like how its on the useless pistol gj. Also, cool cannon balls.

Dennis Nedry Newman xD

xD
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2017, 09:59:41 PM »
It replaces the pistol and only has one shot. As far as I know there's only two official multiplayer maps that have the pistol right now, cavern and vulcan's forge. postal already added it into musicalchairs, and zoom city has all weapon spawns in Newman's room. It's probably better to make the pistol spawn timer really slow cause it might just be stronger than the nuke

I could be wrong but I believe there is also a pistol in Lair of Oblivion also I like that on the pistol cool :)
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline ilgm

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2017, 04:50:02 AM »
Oh yeah you're right, there is a pistol there.

I got a new weapon to fill in the flamethrower spot. It's the laser chainsaw from Earth Defense Force 4 except to keep the ball theme going, postal suggested a "laser ball chainsaw"
It makes no sense but neither does Jerry Seinfeld coming out of dodgeballs. I made a ball particle show up on screen for when you have it equipped just so it actually does look like another ball weapon

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 04:51:45 AM by ilgm »

Offline ilgm

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2017, 03:21:30 PM »
Here's a new map

Right now it's pretty basic, it was mostly a test with the anti-gravity sectors. I still gotta figure out how to make it into a fun deathmatch map

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2017, 02:00:15 PM »
That looks cool like a nice little map and very funny too :) Don't want him getting out of the cages.
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2017, 12:18:57 AM »
You have done a great job on this mod with expanding on ideas and stuff and keeping it going. I like that, good stuff keep it up.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline ilgm

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2017, 01:19:31 PM »
Thanks. Postal's given some pretty great ideas so that's helped keep this mod going. Just added the rubber blue ball launcher a few days ago, can't have enough ball jokes.
https://streamable.com/53eek

It's probably possible to play through this in singleplayer now, considering how many weapons there are and how much damage they do

Offline ひまわりくん

• Raptor
  • T:REP 304
  • Gone but not dead
    • View Profile
    • Redbubble
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2017, 02:44:35 PM »
Thanks. Postal's given some pretty great ideas so that's helped keep this mod going. Just added the rubber blue ball launcher a few days ago, can't have enough ball jokes.

It's probably possible to play through this in singleplayer now, considering how many weapons there are and how much damage they do
BUT WHAT DOES IT DO?

I actually like both the nuke and charge dart retextures, they fit just in in the vanilla game.

Offline ilgm

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2017, 02:43:09 AM »

BUT WHAT DOES IT DO?

I actually like both the nuke and charge dart retextures, they fit just in in the vanilla game.
Shoot bouncy blue balls as fast as you can click, or hold for 2 more levels of charge, which take more ammo. The strongest charge takes 10 balls, but is instakill and gets faster with every bounce. It's the only other weapon besides dodgeballs that have their own ammo pickups too, but we haven't really tested it in an actual death match game yet.

Btw, pretty much every time I post here, the kpf is also updated. Anything worth testing gets added to that download link in the OP

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal