Author Topic: Coop Addon: Hub Mansion  (Read 7210 times)

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 772
    • View Profile
Coop Addon: Hub Mansion
« on: April 14, 2019, 05:15:53 PM »
Good afternoon dinosaur hunters, have I got a treat for you!  :chronosceptor:

So imagine yourself. It's 1998, there are VHS players and plasma tvs. The word "lol" is barely a thing. And you need to rest and eat every time you go on a level. Stuff was hardcore back then, you know the drill!

Well, sitting inside the metallic save point area is certainly not enough. Kicking off those old Nike shoes for cold stone and metal to meet your feet? I don't think so.

Introducing, a safehouse made just for Turoks!

Now you're probably wondering, is this for free? Well, it's complimentary from Adon herself! Enjoy it and return here when you need to rest in-between levels.

1.2 (compatible with 1.0.0-1.2.5): https://turoksanctum.com/download/coop-addon-hub-mansion/

1.1 (compatible with 0.11.4): http://www.mediafire.com/file/vv9xyw58a9jrz05/COOP_Mansion_Addon1.1.kpf/file

1.0 (compatible with 0.11.4): http://www.mediafire.com/file/im5b55y1eb72keq/COOP_Mansion_Addon.kpf/file

Installation: It goes inside your root folder, inside the COOP folder that comes with BP's COOP Mod

Just run the game like normal after that. It will run on both normal and dedicated servers.

Bugs:
Because the map is located in a different folder, it cannot be automatically selected with the T2 COOP Dedicated Server app. However, you will otherwise teleport to the new map while playing the game, and if you really want to teleport instantly to the new map, just type "netmap levels/badger/HUB.map" into the command line in the app (or in console if playing a normal server).

Compatibility:
Turok 2 Coop 0.11.4 - 1.2.5

Special thanks to Smoke39 for helping to test it!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 01:48:12 PM by Badger »

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
Re: Coop Addon: Hub Mansion
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 06:01:54 PM »
This mansion is Turok Lore friendly. Just downloajn the mod and find out.

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 06:32:01 PM »
And this is running on Coop version 0.11.4? Because that's the only version the addon works on..

I messed with the mapinfo file, but only one line to make this map work with the mod, nothing to do with common.cpp. I double checked the text file to be sure, and it should be fine.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 06:33:06 PM by Badger »

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 07:00:29 PM »
When exactly does this crash occur?

Also what OS, and is this the GOG or Steam version of turok 2?

I don't know if I am able to help on my end. I've run this mod on both GOG and Steam on a Windows 10.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 07:09:51 PM by Badger »

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 07:09:27 PM »
OS= Operating system, like windows, linux, ect.

Well, if you tell me when the crash occurs it might help correct this.

I would also make sure both mods are placed in Steam\steamapps\common\Turok 2 - Seeds of Evil\mods, and if there is no "mods" folder, make one.

Kind of at a of loss what could be wrong if everything is placed correctly and it's still not working for you.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 07:11:15 PM by Badger »

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 02:22:57 PM »
Glad to hear it's finally working for people!

I've also updated the mod to 1.1 just now.

-added a pool
-made the interior more visually appealing
-added npcs

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal