Author Topic: Turok 2 EX Turok 2 remaster 2017  (Read 299045 times)

Offline jmmreview

• Iguana
  • T:REP 70
    • View Profile
Re: Turok 2 EX Turok 2 remaster 2017
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2017, 06:14:49 PM »
I had no idea this was coming out today, so glad I decided to randomly logged onto the forum today xD
Made a quick video if you care to watch.

Offline vis

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 853
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2017, 06:18:46 PM »
I can't play, because the VC++ 2015 redistributables are refusing to install properly for me. :/

Go in steam folder, where is game stored/downloaded, run manuel VC++, reset pc... My friend had that problem on win 7 to... i had dif problems, had to update old
 nvidia driver, to driver that had adaptive vsync code in ( i love to use older, polished drivers + are more easy on pc resurs)... and i still unable to play it until net code is polished. (one unhappy wifi user here)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 06:25:31 PM by vis »
(GoT) vis *RS*
 :nuke:

Offline Smoke39

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 597
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2017, 06:41:30 PM »
I meant that even manually installing is failing, but thanks anyway.

I decided to finally scrap the old version of Wine that comes with Mint, and installed the latest version directly from the developers, and it seems to be working on linux for me now.  Gonna go try out the single player proper now and see how it goes.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2017, 08:37:18 PM »
Did you guys notice the variant raptors that were teased early in the original development but we never got?

Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
  • T:REP 372
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2017, 09:28:18 PM »
I'd read about the beta skin being in the game. Nice to actually see it. Is it for all of the raptors or just some of them?

I also saw a video of a graveyard sequence, and it seems like they added in the variant Deadmen. Or at least I think they're an addition; I don't recall them ever appearing in the original game.

Everything's second-hand info for me at the moment. The game doesn't run on my ancient 32-bit operating system, lolol.

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
  • T:REP 484
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2017, 10:17:56 PM »
I'd read about the beta skin being in the game. Nice to actually see it. Is it for all of the raptors or just some of them?

Everything's second-hand info for me at the moment. The game doesn't run on my ancient 32-bit operating system, lolol.

Hi Op, I've player through 2 levels and they have all been this tan colored option raptors. This here turok is certainly better than any we've seen before but there's a lot that is been tweaked and tweezed. Level 3 has destructible hornets nests, which I like. Map changes to clean up areas that caused confusion in the original maps. I'm also surprised how good the NPC's look in general. And there's alot of blood, heavy on the gushing. It seems like the plasma rifle is having trouble zooming for me (no zoom). The frickin' tranquilizer gun is confusing. There are headshots too, but the zone is small and hard to hit.

That comment about the x86 - x64 thing seems questionable. I would assume it should run on 32bit win7 or vista since most people run steam from 32bit emulation mode on win7. I think winXP would probably cough and fart though. Newegg.com has refurbished win7 machines cheap. With onboard video.

We need multiplayer mapping editor, from nightdive. - rotflmao - gg - Gazer

Multiplayer is having internet connection issues in the code that the game is running, so multiplayer is bad today. Edward at nightdive is working on it.

HP desktop with Win7 Pro x64 $110.00 https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883281939&ignorebbr=1
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 10:22:45 PM by Gazer »
No Ciggi

Offline Smoke39

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 597
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2017, 10:35:32 PM »
Found my first feather at the river of souls, but I can't for the life of me remember how I got to the altar at the port to spend it.  I just keep running in circles.

Offline Spartan

• Raptor
  • T:REP 376
  • PARTRIDGE METAL
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2017, 11:09:26 PM »
Oh these raptors skin was in the beta? Good to see Nightdive is reviving old days stuff like cut skins. I still have hopes one day we will have the cut content for the game. BTW im really enjoying the game, the last time I played I was 10 years old...imagine
WHAT A LOVELY DAY!

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
  • T:REP 372
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2017, 11:38:15 PM »
That comment about the x86 - x64 thing seems questionable. I would assume it should run on 32bit win7 or vista since most people run steam from 32bit emulation mode on win7.

Nope, 32-bit Win7 here, and Steam has the game listed as Not Available for me, which is what it does for all games that require 64-bit OS's. GOG at least lets me try to install it, but the install is only 22MB and fails automatically. :P

I've been in the process of buying parts for a long-overdue upgrade; I'm just a few hundred dollars short of the end result. I'll get there eventually.

Offline L!

• Iguana
  • T:REP 49
    • View Profile
Your opinion on the remaster for Turok 2: Seeds of Evil?
« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2017, 01:14:21 AM »
I personally liked the remaster a lot and I feel Nightdive has really hit gold with it. But I want to know; how did you like or dislike the remaster and why?
Your friendly neighborhood L!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal