Author Topic: PREY (Game Series)  (Read 15598 times)

Offline Smoke39

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 597
    • View Profile
Re: PREY (Game Series)
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2017, 04:57:57 PM »
Why they changed Prey 2? I really liked the Bounty Hunter gameplay style

Bethesda/ZeniMax wanted to acquire Human Head, so they started withholding funding for totally arbitrary reasons to try to push Human Head to the brink of bankruptcy so they'd sell out for cheap.  Human Head refused to cave, and so the project imploded.

They pulled the same shit with Arkane and succeeded, so now they're doing Dishonored In Space with the Prey brand pointlessly slapped on.

I don't think I can look at the new game objectively as a result.  I'm so mad about Prey 2.  It was one of my most anticipated games.

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
  • T:REP 484
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2017, 02:34:48 AM »
I don't have a great reply to that one Smoke. It's life in the capitalist system. It's not going to change anytime soon. cliche' right? I agree with you it's not right. So the product is being held hostage and may never come to release. The thing is, the owners of the "IP" (product) have so much money, that they don't care if the product ever gets released. They already have a ton of money. I presume (presumptuous I know) that is why John Carmack got out of the business. Politics is more important than the product.

I'm ranting. You see how this goes? You know a lot of people agree with that thinking.

fact is though, that gameplay video for PREY looks great.

Corporations are taking over America.
No Ciggi

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
  • T:REP 484
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2017, 08:42:31 AM »
So hey while I was @Bethesda.net I noticed that PREY has a free demo level out for Xbox1 and PS4 consoles only. The game is coming to market next week on the 5th. The demo is available now. https://bethesda.net/en/article/6At50JUQPSi0EqGK6qgYya/prey-system-specs-achievements-demo-launch

grain of salt -Gazer

PS4 version requires 42 GB of hd storage space! Full Game
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 04:43:43 PM by Gazer »
No Ciggi

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2017, 12:26:29 AM »
Released xD

Looks kind of cool can't lie. Getting decent reviews too I might just say fuck it even know I'm dedicated to the original lol. Why not I bit the bullet on this one. I have skipped many games this year I think I will try this at least.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 12:41:03 AM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 772
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2017, 02:22:15 AM »
I recently played through it again and I was pretty impressed by how well the game holds up.  The game can get a bit meh at times but it's worth sticking with.  Like most games, I've never played the multiplayer.  Is it much different from Doom 3?

I remember my pal having the 360 version but I found my PC version ran a bit smoother though I did run it at a lower resolution.

Nowadays I can run the game maxed out at high resolutions and it looks lovely.

As for the name for the new game.  Yep, that's pretty lazy.  It's so boring that these companies are so hooked on brand recognition that they're too scared to name their games with any kind of an identity of their own.  Stop "rebooting" these bloody franchises - it makes Google searches really annoying!

It's multiplayer was like Doom 3 had a reskin, it had pretty even-handed melee combat than doom though. Now that you mentioned it, it did get a little laggy on some parts, I only had the 360 version of course.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2017, 10:15:55 AM »
Released xD

Looks kind of cool can't lie. Getting decent reviews too I might just say fuck it even know I'm dedicated to the original lol. Why not I bit the bullet on this one. I have skipped many games this year I think I will try this at least.

Yeah fuck it if you want to try it go ahead dude. That picture does look pretty bad ass its true. Why does this remind me of a Cacodemon and Octabrain? Lmao I remember you showed me that yeah it does look like a black noodle octabrain but it looks pretty damn creepy.

Like most games, I've never played the multiplayer.  Is it much different from Doom 3?

If you would want to play the mp on the classic PREY just got to have the PC version and set up a server with 64 we played the mp like a month ago its pretty damn good.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 10:17:59 AM by Jay Doomed »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2017, 03:08:10 PM »
Spaghetti????

That is spaghetti I would not try yuck lol! :)

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2017, 04:33:11 PM »
Its not that bad to me so far the original is one of my favorites I wish it followed that route somehow but whatever here we are. The game is not to shabby so far I've already been mind screwed multiple times. And the enemies are pretty scary there is enemies in the map already instead of spawning waves I already have 5 weapons... I'm liking what I see so far honestly. The game is very well optimized too. But I'm not very far into the game yet so what do I know. Nice to be stacked on weapons already. The monsters are tough. The wrench is niice!

Preorder Shotgun Prey Bonus Cosmonaut Shotgun:

Oh if you are wondering where the preoder Shotgun is I took a picture of where I found it, its in that cabinet I'm aiming at in this picture. Its in your office not your apartment. This shotgun is just for the Prey preorder bonus or whatever Its pretty awesome though. Don't worry you won't miss your office there is an objective to get somethings from it. But you can miss that cabinet.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 04:40:41 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2017, 01:16:07 PM »
Its not that bad to me so far the original is one of my favorites I wish it followed that route somehow but whatever here we are. The game is not to shabby so far I've already been mind screwed multiple times. And the enemies are pretty scary there is enemies in the map already instead of spawning waves I already have 5 weapons... I'm liking what I see so far honestly. The game is very well optimized too. But I'm not very far into the game yet so what do I know. Nice to be stacked on weapons already. The monsters are tough. The wrench is niice!

Preorder Shotgun Prey Bonus Cosmonaut Shotgun:

Oh if you are wondering where the preoder Shotgun is I took a picture of where I found it, its in that cabinet I'm aiming at in this picture. Its in your office not your apartment. This shotgun is just for the Prey preorder bonus or whatever Its pretty awesome though. Don't worry you won't miss your office there is an objective to get somethings from it. But you can miss that cabinet.

Looks pretty cool to me though I like the pistol look. And the look of those dark monsters not bad looking. make a video :)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal