Author Topic: New BETA Update  (Read 21689 times)

Offline ひまわりくん

• Raptor
  • T:REP 304
  • Gone but not dead
    • View Profile
    • Redbubble
New BETA Update
« on: June 18, 2017, 04:03:21 PM »
Rendering Optimizations and Bug Fixes
This particular update contains a lot of rendering optimizations from the upcoming XB1 port, which will mostly benefit DirectX (like instanced particles, batched shadow maps, etc). Numerous rendering glitches (whoops) has also been addressed.

AI Optimizations
Another major change to note is that parts of the AI is now multithreaded, which should benefit those who are CPU-bottlenecked. Any weird behavior or random crashes please report them ASAP.
NOTE: If for whatever reason that you want this disabled, you can set jobs_useTasks to 0.

New Multiplayer Gamemode
In addition to optimizations, there is a new multiplayer game mode called 'Raptor-Fest' which is a team-based game against hordes of enemy AI.

Quick Weapon Select
Next, a new feature called 'Quick Weapon Select' has been implemented. To use this feature, go into your bindings menu and assign a key to "Quick Weapon Select 1" and "Quick Weapon Select 2". For those who played the original, this is more or less the exact same thing, which makes it less a hassle to choose a weapon. On the quick select screen (by holding down the binded key), you can use the mouse to quickly select a weapon on the wheel (or thumbstick if using the gamepad).

Dedicated Server Support
Lastly, by popular demand, Turok 2 EX now has dedicated server support! A guide on using the dedicated server should be located in Steam/steamapps/common/Turok 2 Seeds of Evil folder. Name of this file is called "Turok2Ex Dedicated Server Guide.pdf" Edward850 will provide more info on this later.

This patch will go live in the official branch in about a week or so.

Patch Notes (KEX Engine 1.5.5)
Renderer / Graphics
====================
* Instanced rendering for particles (Direct X optimization)
* Shadow map optimizations (batched actor shadow casters)
* Uniform buffer optimizations (Direct X)
* Fixed cloaking effect not rendering
* Fixed explosions changing color when making contact with 'alien flesh' surface types
* Particles and trails can now be occluded by geometry (optimizations)

Single-Player Gameplay
======================
* Destructibles now flash red when shot
* Fix turrets in River of Souls not firing at player
* Some components of the AI is now multi-threaded (optimizations)

Local and Network Multiplayer
=============================
* New Raptor-Fest game mode
* Stability updates

User Interface
==============
* New quick weapon select feature

Misc
==============
* Optimized collision detection with static meshes
* Fixed floating blood splats from shotgun bullets
Someone should work on making Raptor Fest maps.

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
  • T:REP 420
    • View Profile
Re: New BETA Update
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 05:07:21 PM »
Any big maps works ok for raptor fest, but it seems enemies can climb walls.

Offline DoomMarine23

• Raptor
  • T:REP 230
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 06:44:03 PM »
Was fun as hell hosting for everyone.

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 10:21:43 PM »
I kept getting connection errors during raptor fest, was it because of the amount of enemies?

Offline Edward850

• Nightdive Devs
  • T:REP 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 10:39:18 PM »
Any big maps works ok for raptor fest, but it seems enemies can climb walls.
Climbing walls was intended to make sure enemies couldn't get stuck or were otherwise unable to traverse to the players. There's a lot of situations that the AI simply have no method of pathing to the player in the multiplayer maps.
I kept getting connection errors during raptor fest, was it because of the amount of enemies?
Going to need to be vastly more descriptive than "connection error". The term is too generic to mean anything to anyone.

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 10:47:10 PM »
Dont worry I was just asking if anyone else experienced that. Next time ill check indepth

Offline Edward850

• Nightdive Devs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 10:52:12 PM »
Dont worry I was just asking if anyone else experienced that. Next time ill check indepth
No that's what I mean, "connection error" doesn't mean anything and can't compare to anything. So you need to explain what kind of connection issue you were having for anybody else to compare it.
You might not be aware that what you are saying is literally "I was having a problem, does anybody else have this same problem?"
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 10:54:16 PM by Edward850 »

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 11:03:34 PM »
Im very aware

Offline Edward850

• Nightdive Devs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 04:55:27 AM »
I wasn't being a dick at all (at least that's certainly not my intent at all, being rude doesn't get anybody anywhere :P), I was asking him to clarify what he meant because "connection issue" does not mean "I cannot connect to the server", and from the sounds of things he could connect and was having a different problem, hence the point of clarification as you have assumed differently.
"Enemies are jittery or unresponsive", for example, would clear a lot of things up.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 05:51:30 AM by Edward850 »

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 10:05:00 AM »
Suddenly all the mp maps that I have worked on turn into some form of co op/ sp dino hunting action. I played with Sixty Four and it was really fun its how we play on Doom survivor mode! Except this time it was on Turok 2. The Caverns map works really good for raptor fest because there is actually a lot of open room! We played for about 2 hours though it was really fun we set it to 100 kills no time limit :D And tested this mp map pack that will release soon. Wow it gives a hole new meaning to the mp maps we worked on. And the Doom maps some really good mp maps for any mode is coming very soon and features more than one mapper. I don't get to play mp often I'm so freaking busy but that was 100% worth my time.

Good job Edward for making this, you modded something new in and I think people like to see that initiative, at least I know I do. And I saw the note about Doomseeker, waits patiently! Please provide us with that.

I don't think Edward meant to be rude there this update is in beta and they're most likely looking for all the help and bugs they can find before sending out a non beta patch. So the connection error is important for them but no info makes it exactly how he mentioned it, tough.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 10:15:12 AM by Jay Doomed »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal