Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 3072
    • View Profile
Re: DOOM
« Reply #440 on: July 10, 2017, 09:51:00 AM »
45 minutes of more work that equals to an hour:

Message of mine:

Its not necessary to build huge crazy detailed maps for a good time. Gameplay is better than graphics and design. I'm not saying completely disregard design but you know I really like vanilla like maps with just the right amount of extra flavor on them. Anyways, that's just food for thought. Made a map in 1 hour here it is. Almost done :) Its much better when you're not stressing how the architecture will be just build baby build for fun as you go.

As requested here in Turok 2 hehe

Sorry for not answering much lately at all. Even on othere things. Here I added a few structures for the t2 version :) enjoy its in your PM. Might want to revise it a little just in case.

https://duke64nukem.com/2017/07/08/doom-map-to-turok-pt-1/

Dude that's awesome even though already told you wanted to say it on here too and you did it sooooo fast. Thanks! wow its really fun in raptor fest. I'm going to make a few more quickies now yes!

I have to try something simple because design can be tedious, but that's me as an artist... I don't know how to make things easier for myself. xD

If I can get this one done and then start new, I think it would be best to start out simple and then add the aesthetics towards the end. Also, not conforming the map to the shape of a symbol because it's more time spent trying to make it all fit.

Do you plan to make some more Doom 64 ones soon, Jay?
Definitely not going to stop making Doom 64 maps its my favorite Doom of all. I feel like playing and working on a Doom 64 map just by mentioning it :D Good luck on your map, remember don't stress so highly in finishing. Always room to start a new one. Yeah limiting to a symbol can be complex actually I like to build free but its no a bad thing to challenge our selves to make something like that. Hope to play soon I'm sure it will be fun its Doom64!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 09:51:40 AM by Jay Doomed »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Dimetrodon
  • T:REP 1072
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #441 on: July 10, 2017, 01:14:51 PM »
I guess I can always start on another one that is more simple, without abandoning the other... I haven't done anything these last few days since getting a new game, though. Making a fortress has been an idea for a while. I wish I knew how to make the dart traps.

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 9595
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 13, 2017, 10:02:18 AM »

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline Spartan

• Raptor
  • T:REP 434
  • PARTRIDGE METAL
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 14, 2017, 11:07:05 PM »
I have to say I want es more Classic metal to the soundtrack in a wa y more like Painkiller, but these tracks fies Vera well with Brutal Doom
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EVUDv5CLcKM
WHAT A LOVELY DAY!

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 7181
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #444 on: July 14, 2017, 11:32:04 PM »
I have to say I want es more Classic metal to the soundtrack in a wa y more like Painkiller, but these tracks fies Vera well with Brutal Doom
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EVUDv5CLcKM

That's one thing I don't like about the new game the new music. Everyone seems to like it, it won an award for best game music of the year there must of not been very many candidates xD I don't think it is Doom and none of it is actually heavy. I only like about two songs (main menu theme) bought the whole album the gameplay makes it seems okay but when you sit back and listen to it imo it is not good and definitely not Doom xD It does go good on Brutal Doom you are right about it looks fun haha.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 11:33:32 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 7181
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #445 on: July 15, 2017, 11:20:07 PM »
I need a map because I'm lost lol

Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Deathsphere

• Raptor
  • T:REP 357
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 17, 2017, 11:40:17 AM »

That's one thing I don't like about the new game the new music. Everyone seems to like it, it won an award for best game music of the year there must of not been very many candidates xD I don't think it is Doom and none of it is actually heavy. I only like about two songs (main menu theme) bought the whole album the gameplay makes it seems okay but when you sit back and listen to it imo it is not good and definitely not Doom xD It does go good on Brutal Doom you are right about it looks fun haha.

Nah I don't like the new Doom music either.

Wth Blood in Doom 64 lol :)

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 9595
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 18, 2017, 12:24:02 AM »

Nah I don't like the new Doom music either.

Wth Blood in Doom 64 lol :)
The new doom music sounds like a fat guy farting into a tuba.

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 3072
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 18, 2017, 11:00:54 AM »

Duke64: A map a day keeps the haters and links away

lol ya new Doom music is trash no it is not Doom style. Its trash.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 11:01:28 AM by Jay Doomed »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Deathsphere

• Raptor
  • T:REP 357
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 18, 2017, 12:36:23 PM »

Duke64: A map a day keeps the haters and links away

lol ya new Doom music is trash no it is not Doom style. Its trash.

thanks for making me admin on Doom 64!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal