Author Topic: Night Dive Q & A (have your say)  (Read 32684 times)

Offline InEx

• Iguana
  • T:REP 6
    • View Profile
Re: Night Dive Q & A (have your say)
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2017, 03:28:45 PM »
I would like everybody to grab hold of their private parts for a minute and hold on. Aren't we getting a little out of order?

Just like with the original game from 2002, this game will be added to and improved and smoothed out and made better. And Nightdive has given us the keys, to unlock the gameplay that we want. It is here now! But everything takes time. We have a new game, I am fukkin' happy about that.

gg -gl -hf -Gazer

Yes i am too, the sp is wondeful rly :) Good to see so much fans here. That wasnt meant to be offending, more to give some inspiration.

Offline kubpica

• Iguana
  • T:REP 90
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2017, 04:36:12 PM »
Okay I see your point - we mainly use plasma. But don't tell me playing plasma is not skill based. Turok 2 is game of movement, it's not just random shooting. You can learn how to play against plasma players. As you can see in viedo below I'm not randomly spaming with plasma. It's not that easy to hit someone with plasma - you need good movement, not just aim. I could use other weapons - I just love plasma gameplay. And come on... Other weapons are way more "spam and pray" than plasma. Plasma is not a problem - just other weapons needs upgrade. Other weapons are also useful. I know players that are good with other weapons, and it's hard to use plasma against them. I agree that weapons should be more optimized but not at the cost of plasma. That's why we asked every aspect of multiplayer to be settable and that's why they should give beta pass to some regular T2 multi players so we could help them optimize all weapons without hurting plasma! Btw. It depends on servers settings, there are many possibilities to make other weapons more usefull: lower starting HP eg. 60, so plasma still can be one-shot killer, and it's easier to kill with other weapons, increased damage multiplier, lower pain limit, lower speed, etc.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 06:22:45 PM by kubpica »

Offline chirac31

• Iguana
  • T:REP 190
  • http://turok.forumactif.com/
    • View Profile
    • http://turok.forumactif.com/
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2017, 12:57:34 AM »
what justify the cerabral bore is so powerfull now? the aime and the lock target is faster than ever and once you re lock you just have to die, nothing can save you... in the past game you just have to run far away of the shooter to stay alive, now you dont hav any chance to survice...
why the nuclear weapon dont kill the shooter if he shoot at his own feet, and same to the roket launcher and grenade laucher....

this is totally weird and no sense.

Offline MR_GR1MM

• Iguana
  • T:REP 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2017, 01:30:09 AM »
Hopefully I'm not too late to this party. Here are my questions:

1 ) What's wrong with the network experience? It's much worse than if I play the 1999 PC version on servers in Germany (I am in NY, USA)
2 ) Where did taunts go?
3 ) Why can't I type any special characters in chat?
4 ) Why can't I disable auto-switch to new weapon in multiplayer? The setting is there, but it doesn't work
5 ) Why can't I disable camera bobbing while strafing? My character always leans to the left or right on strafe
6 ) What is up with the menu? No default settings? Esc takes you back through every part of the menu you touched before exiting??
7 ) Why can't the multiplayer rules be customized?
8 ) Why are there no dedicated servers?
9 ) WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE NETWORK EXPERIENCE!?!?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 01:33:29 AM by MR_GR1MM »
Only the strong will survive...

Offline Old One Eye

• Raptor
  • T:REP 424
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2017, 06:50:28 AM »
I was vainly trying to get Evolution running on my PC last before resorting to Dolphin and the GC port.

Then I realised, Evolution could really do with an update too.

So, if it's not too late to ask I'd like to ask that:  Do they have any plans for an Evolution update?
"It's gotta be... THE GOAD!!"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2017, 09:28:46 AM »
Yeah hope its not to late. I want to ask Kaiser where Turok 2 would go on his list of difficulty developing? He has made a few games I want to say Turok 2 had to be really tough even with the Turok 1 engine already made. So. Where would Turok 2 fall in the list of games you worked on measured by difficulty? Maybe you can come up with a better way of asking it.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Deathsphere

• Raptor
  • T:REP 297
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2017, 01:13:54 PM »
Where would Turok 2 fall in the list of games you worked on measured by difficulty? Maybe you can come up with a better way of asking it.

I second this question^^ I'm willing to bet Turok 2 is at the top as the toughest or right under Turok 1.

I would like to know how hard it was to do this what's the biggest difficulty you have come across in bringing back Turok 2?

I also hope some of these mp questions go through they have a valid point its not just complaining or bickering. I know this and I haven't played in a very long time. Just by seeing Vis videos I can see difference.

Offline jmmreview

• Iguana
  • T:REP 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2017, 05:34:34 PM »
Hi everyone first of all thank you for all the replies to this thread, it was very helpful for me.
I am sad to say I received an email from Stephen Kick (CEO of Night Dive) shortly after sending the questions.

"due to the complexity of our licensing agreement we may not be able to answer your questions. If we do, we have to submit them for approval with the licensor which can be an arduous and time consuming task."

It's such a shame becasue he agreed to the answer the questions but changed his mind.
I guess if enough people request answers he might do something about it.
This is his twitter account https://twitter.com/pripyatbeast

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
  • T:REP 484
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2017, 05:49:58 PM »
He's got his hands full at the moment, and I bet his business has increased since a week ago. This is a great thread because we can all see areas where the game needs improvement and maybe the 'modding community' can get a head start on the server .config settings and a 3rd party server browser and some things that people here might have experience with.

thanks jmmreview - good job - Gazer
No Ciggi

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
  • T:REP 372
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2017, 07:30:23 PM »
It's such a shame becasue he agreed to the answer the questions but changed his mind.
I guess if enough people request answers he might do something about it.
This is his twitter account https://twitter.com/pripyatbeast

It might not be that he just decided not to, but that he realized that the submitted questions wouldn't pass approval. It's been seeming like NBC/Comcast (assuming they're who he's dealing with; they currently own the Turok IP) has been rather strict with the information that they want public. And if Night Dive answers non-approved questions, it could be seen as breach of contract and they could lose the license.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal