Author Topic: Turok 2 Remaster - our wishlist!  (Read 55177 times)

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
  • T:REP 420
    • View Profile
Re: Turok 2 Remaster - our wishlist!
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2015, 02:47:51 PM »
The game is in a much tougher spot than the first game because of some new things they tried on it.

Not changing anything and let modders "fix the game" would be going the opposite way of thing that have already been done in Turok EX, like the pillar jumping in  stage 3, where they made the pillars slightly bigger, or the goddamned change in a few areas to make them more streamlined.

That being said, they promised the option to play the unaltered maps later on, so why cant the same be done to turok 2 and have a point perfect rendition of the original with all its original shit, and a EX version with polished game system?

Seriously, am I the only one who sees something wrong when trying to kill the purrlins whit gatling guns? or a shot with a Shredder's explosive round to an endtrail's back, and the thing still lives?

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2015, 01:55:45 AM »
I can see where some are coming from but if the game is moddable we can change it to however we want. I even made Turok faster and damage by weapons different just for fun in Turok 1. So everything will probably be optional while they keep the true essence of Turok 2 still intact. With options to change stuff the field is wide open guys.

I just want T2 to be the same but with the feel and options that Turok 1 has. As long as its moddable and theres a level editor also then im pleased. There are small kinks in the game I know. But true essence is best to keep while tweaking major issues to be fixed.
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
  • T:REP 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2016, 01:00:52 PM »
Wait, you are saying mutiplayer isnt that fast by default?

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 910
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2016, 11:24:39 AM »
The mp is still fast just not as fast as the current servers since they use there own settings which is exactly how it should be on the remaster. It gives you option to change it up how you want I guess. With options nothing can go wrong.

I wan't to see the game stay as original as possible with minor touch ups including the new stuff they have in T1. But I mostly hope they can set up a proper co op where I can select Adon, Fireseed, Tal'Set, or the mp characters in the game as playable co op characters.
I AM ADON

Offline kubpica

• Iguana
  • T:REP 90
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2016, 11:28:24 AM »
More than 60fps
Using "-maxframerate 64" we can get real 60FPS, but with bigger values like "-maxframerate 144" game goes crazy - it works like in slow motion or very fast like with speed hack. We can get real 144FPS and normal game speed only by hacking game memory.

Every type of weapons in level editor and in multiplayer
We want to have singleplayer-only weapons also in multiplayer! And all of "deleted / N64 multiplayer" weapons in level editor -

Also singleplayer's Scorpion Launcher has nicer effect of fired rocket than multiplayer's Scorpion Launcher. Why don't have this nicer effect also in multiplayer?

Admin tools
Ban (by steamID / IP and other), kick, change level and more tools for server hosters also for dedicated server!

Ranking system / Tournaments
Maybe some official servers with ranking system? (But most of the time we play on custom server settings - so ask us maybe about settings if you want host some tournaments :D )

Anty-cheat for multiplayer
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 11:46:24 AM by kubpica »

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 910
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2016, 09:44:27 AM »
Oh yeah the N64 Turok 2 weapons would be an interesting option in mp. Something else that may be interesting but not needed is mp gore. If the players appeared to die like the monsters do in the SP. When you kill a player he could lose his head or arm or you know how it is in the sp would be a really cool touch in mp I think.
I AM ADON

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2016, 01:50:47 PM »
Gore in mp actually sounds like a really cool idea though even though I don't mind the original way and yeah its not needed. But it is an additional feature that doesn't change mechanics or gameplay rather just animations. The only concern I have for that is it could possibly be a lot of work to get the animations changed correctly. I forgot all about the weapon differences from 64 and pc :o
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Demon Turok

• Raptor
  • T:REP 353
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2016, 04:18:47 PM »
I would like to see Sprays in Turok 2 online   like say when Vis Kills me  he puts a sign down  beside my head   

Mr Pink: about turok 2 think they can put sprays in there?
Sixty Four: what is spray?
Mr Pink: it something like a picture or a sign that you can use to humalate your rival with
Mr Pink: like a picture of a dick beside his face
Sixty Four: ohh hehehe
Mr Pink: Im sure with will get a good kick out of it
Mr Pink: Vis will
Sixty Four: yeah heheh be funny to

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2016, 12:55:02 PM »
Oh yeah the N64 Turok 2 weapons would be an interesting option in mp. Something else that may be interesting but not needed is mp gore. If the players appeared to die like the monsters do in the SP. When you kill a player he could lose his head or arm or you know how it is in the sp would be a really cool touch in mp I think.
Not a bad suggestion at all imo. But also agree nothing is wrong with the original mp flop death haha.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline killswitche

• Iguana
  • T:REP 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2016, 01:09:45 PM »
well hey there guys
plz add a taunt against Ry. we want to be able to curse Ry every single minute its vital
anyway, i think the map editor would be epic but also different modes like capture the flag. hunt the prey ( a random player is chosen with powerful weapons and all the players are given simple weapons to hunt him loool) other mods like zombies where one team are zombies and the others fairly equipped . Add also new taunts too

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal