Author Topic: Welcome new member  (Read 74399 times)

Offline Old One Eye

• Raptor
  • T:REP 424
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome new member
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2017, 09:24:49 AM »
Hey folks.

I just registered to share my joy of the Turok 2 remaster.  I was pretty chuffed when DH was remade but then to get the 2nd game too?  That's pretty cool.  It gives me real hope for finally getting Oblivion on PC... and maybe Rage Wars with online multiplayer (one can dream!).

Anyway, loving the remaster so far though I have had a couple of crashes.  Happy days. :)
"It's gotta be... THE GOAD!!"

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2017, 12:06:44 PM »
Welcome and you will find that you aren't the only one who wants Turok 3 and Rage Wars :)
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Old One Eye

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2017, 06:53:48 AM »
Thanks. :)

Rage Wars was actually my first Turok experience so has a special place in my heart.  I bought it in error thinking it was Turok: DH!  It wasn't all bad though.  I got it at the end of the N64's life and only paid £1.75 for the game brand new.

Offline Deathsphere

• Raptor
  • T:REP 297
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2017, 01:20:46 PM »
Welcome dude and definitely not the only one. Hey we all want RAGE WARS back :) Nice to see new folks around. Welcome all!

Offline Old One Eye

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2017, 08:16:05 AM »
Thanks for the welcome. :)

I know a lot of people dismiss Rage Wars as 'just a standalone T2 multiplayer game' but for me it was the first Turok game I owned having only played T1 at my friend's house.  It'll always have a special place in my age-addled heart... especially that title music.  Love that tune!

Offline vis

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 853
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2017, 06:41:00 AM »
Thanks for the welcome. :)

I know a lot of people dismiss Rage Wars as 'just a standalone T2 multiplayer game' but for me it was the first Turok game I owned having only played T1 at my friend's house.  It'll always have a special place in my age-addled heart... especially that title music.  Love that tune!

Welcome, i hope, you have 2 eye after all ; ) I was wondering, did you had chance to play classic T2  Mp on pc? Rage wars is my fav turok game hehe (best split screen exp evaaa : ), with serious sam classic) And now with remaster of T2, we are five steps in rage wars territory, but is not quite there, and is so far from classic pc mp :O, so on end i'm very happy and sad, in same time, with it!
(GoT) vis *RS*
 :nuke:

Offline Old One Eye

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2017, 07:10:59 AM »
Thanks, and, it's okay, I do have two eyes.  Though neither are as good as they used to be!

I have never played T2 multiplayer on the PC.  I mainly played the game on the N64 only getting the PC version a few years later.  To be honest, I'm terrible at multiplayer FPS and my only real experience is playing Halo 2 with some friends for a few months and Doom back in the Skulltag days.

Looking around here it seems that the PC game still has a bit of a player base.  How active is it?  How do people get on with the less than fluid frame rate!?  Is it fun?

I understand your ambivalence towards the T2 remaster.  It's exciting that new life has been breathed into something you love but at the same there's always that sense of a missed opportunity to have "done it right".

Still, better a flawed remaster than no remaster, eh?  Perhaps it'll lead to a great Rage Wars PC port. :)

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
  • T:REP 484
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2017, 11:40:18 AM »
Welcome New Member! lol @ ole' 1-I
Still, better a flawed remaster than no remaster, eh?
I know, you wish you hadn't said it  :o RoTfLma0

I wouldn't say it's flawed, I'd say it's a huge success. Dinomite would beg to differ with me on that point as well. There would be no forum here, there would be no capitalism, there would be no fragging. There will always be h8ers. I hate a lot of things. I hate terrorism. Nightdive has done a magnificent job and should be commended and I think they will be, financially. Huge success for them, I would think.

Hey they fixed the lag so that is done for all intents and purposes. And we'll see if the community picks it up and makes it better still. It's an imperfect science. There IS a ghost in the machine. We can all go see it represented on screen in 8 days from today

Wooohoooo Scarlett is Bad-A$$
Your cute too Ole One Eye. I'm gonna have to protect you from the 12 year olds when you get to MP. 
gl - hf - gg - Gazer
No Ciggi

Offline Old One Eye

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2017, 06:37:24 PM »
^
Yeah, personally, I'm pretty happy with the remaster.  I'm just aware that there is a contingent out there that might just shrug the game off as 'broken' (especially in terms of MP) without giving the VERY small dev team the time to recoup some hard earned money before embarking on a full-featured multiplayer experience.

I'm glad the team have decided to get a playable product out for sale that will continue to be supported after release... God knows, I'm even more glad they didn't go the Early Access route.  That way rarely seems to make everyone happy!

RE: Ghost in the Shell - Can't wait!  I haven't even watched the trailer.  I just want to keep the experience for the big screen. :)

I'm really looking forward to Ghost in the Shell.

Offline Reptile Eraser

• Iguana
  • T:REP 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2017, 09:00:29 PM »
Hi. I have been a fan of Turok since 1998. I actually got Turok: Dinosaur Hunter with Star Fox 64. However, I fell out of the loop and just wanted to catch up since then. I also had a memory card for it, but it unfortunately stopped working. Anyway, I just wanted to check this place out as I like to check out any forums that catch my interests. With what little I've seen, I like what I've seen so far.

I also sometimes can't believe that it's been 20 years since Turok: Dinosaur Hunter already, but I'm sure I'll eventually get over it. (I also have a habit of revisiting things on years that end in a five or a zero, especially for the anniversary vibes.) I also like seeing the green text as green is one of my favorite colors, which also lead me to select Green Blood in the options every time.

As for my screen name, it comes from being a fan of Nine Inch Nails, with the songs Eraser and Reptile being on The Downward Spiral and how it looks like the dinosaurs and all sorts of other enemies are being erased once they vanish after their deaths in the actual game.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 09:02:27 PM by Reptile Eraser »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal