Turok Games > Turok 2 Seeds of Evil

Turok 2 EX Turok 2 remaster 2017

<< < (3/64) > >>

Oblivion165:
Don't forget that Turok 2's multiplayer ran on Gamespy and that service is no longer around. I'm sure there is some third party that made a compatible service but I'm not sure they would use it.

DarkShadowRage:

--- Quote from: Oblivion165 on December 15, 2015, 09:29:27 AM ---Don't forget that Turok 2's multiplayer ran on Gamespy and that service is no longer around. I'm sure there is some third party that made a compatible service but I'm not sure they would use it.

--- End quote ---

Steamworks

Dinomite:
Dude people still play turok 2 mp without gamespy.

vis:

--- Quote from: Oblivion165 on December 15, 2015, 09:29:27 AM ---Don't forget that Turok 2's multiplayer ran on Gamespy and that service is no longer around. I'm sure there is some third party that made a compatible service but I'm not sure they would use it.

--- End quote ---

Hi, welcome on forum : )

If I may, I playing Turok 2 Mp, to this very day. if you wondering, most of credits going to five people who make perfect emulation of old game spy. Look here: http://www.qtracker.com/master-gamespy.php So on end of day, only IP that gspylite searching is changed, so with small effort, all stays same for us, users, retro gamers.  : ) I honest hope that steam, gog and 3th place version will have same MP, so player base is one, not splitting there, please! Would be very bad that steam have own MP mod, and gog none. Solution is to use established system: qtracker server is free and stable over 2 year now, for emulation of original game spy. If they (team) can improve MP, then it would be adding protection, like kicker or tool to remove/ban bad people try game client exe, try command console. Nothing more, nothing less to fix there. Have nice day, guys.

vis:

--- Quote from: Dinomite on December 16, 2015, 11:37:06 AM ---
--- Quote from: vis on December 15, 2015, 05:28:59 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Hi, welcome on forum : )

If I may, I playing Turok 2 Mp, to this very day. if you wondering, most of credits going to five people who make perfect emulation of old game spy. Look here: http://www.qtracker.com/master-gamespy.php So on end of day, only IP that gspylite searching is changed, so with small effort, all stays same for us, users, retro gamers.  : ) I honest hope that steam, gog and 3th place version will have same MP, so player base is one, not splitting there, please! Would be very bad that steam have own MP mod, and gog none. Solution is to use established system: qtracker server is free and stable over 2 year now, for emulation of original game spy. If they (team) can improve MP, then it would be adding protection, like kicker or tool to remove/ban bad people try game client exe, try command console. Nothing more, nothing less to fix there. Have nice day, guys.

--- End quote ---
You dont need any emulation of gamespy for this to work. You just change the master server and kaboom. Changing some configuration is not in any way emulation.

--- End quote ---

We talk about 2 dif subject now. Remaking (but this is remastering here, so why invent something new, instead using what is established, and on that way save time and give game sooner , to players?!) of MP system is up to dev. to do, if they see purpose, but then it is something else (could be bad and good, like I said if they split player base with that new MP system). I just stated about current system of server-client. And there is emulation, because server query's must be processed by outside server, of course, and if you read that info  from qtracker link, how they got all important data from original game spy supervisors, will be clear what type of emulation it is, to. Hard work is done there! Tnx Ron M. once more, for keeping T2 MP alive! : )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version