Author Topic: Turok 2 EX Turok 2 remaster 2017  (Read 298601 times)

Offline Primagen

• Iguana
  • T:REP 87
    • View Profile
Re: Turok 2 EX Turok 2 remaster 2017
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2017, 11:10:16 AM »
Well I mostly played the N64 version and it was definitely present there. I feel like it was the same on PC because it was a pretty bad port and they probably didn't bother to fix it.

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2017, 11:18:51 AM »
I never had the PC version, but I thought I saw that it was better with hit detection.

I've heard the first Turok on PC wasn't a good port and the music didn't work in the later levels.

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
Re: T2 EX Turok 2 remaster 2017
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2017, 12:27:00 PM »

You know I been trying to find out myself but anyone know what level is this screen from??
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 12:47:35 PM by Rok »
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2017, 02:21:48 PM »

You know I been trying to find out myself but anyone know what level is this screen from??
Looks like a Lair of the Blind ones level right? Though I can't pinpoint which one. Colors are beautiful. About the hit detecions yes they were pretty bad for sp on both at times you could point blank an enemy with plasma...no damage but a mag 60 head shot dead!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 02:24:14 PM by Jay Doomed »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline ひまわりくん

• Raptor
  • T:REP 304
  • Gone but not dead
    • View Profile
    • Redbubble
Re: T2 EX Turok 2 remaster 2017
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2017, 06:37:22 PM »
That's the lair of the blind ones, but it's an area no one has seen before.

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
  • T:REP 484
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2017, 07:10:03 PM »
I'm playing Seeds right now, for the first time in many years. PC version +v2.7 fanedit/fix. That muthapussin' 'River of Souls' is a miserable level. I remember now!

I hope Nightdive reworked that level some to make it flow better. I wonder how many hours I spent - lost - in this level. I did it again, got stuck in there. At least now on PC there are you tube videos to save the day. I didn't have a PC back in the 90's when this came out. Hahaha.  >:(

:'( ooooh to be lost in the river of souls ...

shortcut to evilgames youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lneS5mqxN7g
No Ciggi

Offline Turok Fireseed

• Iguana
  • T:REP 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2017, 06:04:35 PM »
First off : Please forgive me I think I read to many idiotic comments in other places today. I love this game waiting two weeks is already having me anxious as ever.

If its not classic trash it xD

Definitely, dat rhyme lol!

Also, want to clarify when I was pissed its not at ppl on this forum or anyone with a different opinion. Its all general fans. Everyone has told me to ignore it at least turok is getting some attention. But its really hard for me to ignore an idiot on steam or a random forum who think everyone wants the same thing and idiots who think the game should be made in unreal engine 4 or unity. NO, NO , AND NO! I honestly think the Turok games should not be called 'remastered' I think they should be called Turok EX and Turok 2 EX respectively so we can just avoid the idiots who think that means its a unity engine turok. Thanks. I just want to rant because i'm sorry whenver Turok news comes out, so do the idiots when they did not care about the game before an announcement. They just want to make videos and reviews of a game when its still hot.

I'm not nice i'm not mean I'm truthful. Not everyone wants the same thing. So when one idiot says this is not remastered how come the textures look near the same we want new hd high res crap. That's not true not everyone wants the same thing. To top things off if ppl wanted high res textures they can make them and mod the game to have it. And oh for the love of god I can't wait to hear the price crying. Waa waa mommy can't give me 20$ today.
I agree with ya on this one. It does get a bit stupid when people complain that the textures look more or less the same, then complain about the price. I know you can't please everyone, but wow, those guys don't seem grateful we even got Turok 2 remastered at all. As for people wanting Rage Wars and Turok 3, i want them ported too, but i know it'll take them a long time, and it won't be as easy as making DOOM 64 EX.

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2017, 11:34:27 AM »
In 8 days I will be war blading dinosoid heads off picking up arrows out of enemy skulls, send mag 60s into fire born heads, cerebral boring all enemies, and even might get to play mp? Man I wish this 8 days goes fast :D
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2017, 01:49:42 PM »
I agree with ya on this one. It does get a bit stupid when people complain that the textures look more or less the same, then complain about the price. I know you can't please everyone, but wow, those guys don't seem grateful we even got Turok 2 remastered at all. As for people wanting Rage Wars and Turok 3, i want them ported too, but i know it'll take them a long time, and it won't be as easy as making DOOM 64 EX.

Exactly my friend at least we are getting a Turok at all man and us Turok fans we don't care about the price that much 20$ is fair enough. And I get it general gamers can have a say, but for them to act like we all want the same thing with hd textures and higher poly counts is outrageous. HD textures are ugly af but you don't see me going around telling everyone they need to not use them. Or me going around saying "we want only original textures". Here is the correction: I only want original textures.

That's the problem today. People are selfish af and its why I don't respond to anyone anymore except on this forum. If you see me talk other places its because I totally disagree with statements made towards my favorite games of all time by noobs who didn't care about the game until it was news again while acting like they love it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 02:46:05 PM by Dinomite »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Revenant32

• Raptor
  • T:REP 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2017, 03:23:37 PM »
Well at least you don't have a really bad attitude Jay you're just saying truth imo no worries bud. Waiting on T2 :) at least they gave us a release date instead of having to check daily. Very excited to see what comes of this. I didn't even know people cry about the price lol do people really cry about it??! Come on people 20$ is not a lot of money for these games. I wonder the price of Turok 2? Is it possible it might be 25-30$ range?? I mean if T1 was 20$ T2 has mp and its a much bigger game and more things implemented like blood and guts and stuff. Its a bigger game I see a possibility of it costing more than the first.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 03:29:23 PM by Revenant32 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal