Author Topic: PC Version Multiplayer - Online Modification  (Read 88746 times)

Offline PNill

• Iguana
  • T:REP 144
    • View Profile
Re: PC Version Multiplayer - Online Modification
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2015, 10:19:25 PM »
So while I sadly wasn't able to retrieve any information from my old forum I managed to nab a few screenshots out of a database it had at some point where my partner at the time we testing dynamically spawning objects in real time at the main menu screen.

For some reason I guess we had wiped our original data from the forum in 2007-2008 and re-created it in 2009 which really sucks because I'm sure I would've had things uploaded in the database of the forum in regards to my code which the Database I hadn't lost... but it seems that I had lost that data as well :(

Online Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 10:58:52 AM »
I would surely play this if I could! Very interesting please keep it up :)
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Froglegs

• Iguana
  • T:REP 39
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2015, 07:49:26 PM »
I am going to keep close watch on this thread along with the Level Editor thread. Awesome work that you have got going on here so far, I can't wait to play Evolution multiplayer again, let alone on the PC!

UPDATE
I remember the spider control thing we had to fix a crash there, there's a crash with the scope on the pistol.

Speaking of these problems you have managed to fix, I noticed that in single player, the pistol's scope is incorrectly sighted which makes it impossible to land a shot on any target when you are aiming right at them. The spider mine also has incorrect camera positioning in single player as well. Do you think these two problems would be an easy fix?

Offline PNill

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2015, 09:37:17 PM »
I've been on vacation so I've had a lack of progress on this as well as other things I've been working on but it just so happens someone had the compiled version of our old code, I haven't had a chance to check exactly how old or new it is or what stage it was actually at when we sent it to this friend.

But....
It'll certainly integrate some of the fixes to graphics issues and crashes so that's awesome news here! less work less bugs always good.

Of course for some of the more advanced stuff I'll have to reverse engineer our old compiled binaries but that shouldn't be a huge issue at all.

Just thought I'd let you guys know there is some movement on this,
I've also managed to obtain a Beta of the Xbox Version so I'll be using that for reference to certain engine functions and stuff while reverse engineering.

Offline Froglegs

• Iguana
  • T:REP 39
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2015, 02:59:55 AM »
But....
It'll certainly integrate some of the fixes to graphics issues and crashes so that's awesome news here! less work less bugs always good.

Of course for some of the more advanced stuff I'll have to reverse engineer our old compiled binaries but that shouldn't be a huge issue at all.

Just thought I'd let you guys know there is some movement on this,
I've also managed to obtain a Beta of the Xbox Version so I'll be using that for reference to certain engine functions and stuff while reverse engineering.
Oh man, this is all great news! Thank you for keeping us up to date, PermaNull. :)

That's pretty awesome that you got hold of a beta Xbox version as well. I am sure many fans would love to see some footage of it if is playable!

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2015, 09:52:49 AM »
Well keep it up guys I would love to play this still. Cheers to hopes and dreams :)
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline The_EyeofTurok

• Iguana
  • T:REP 121
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2016, 04:01:43 PM »
Anything new dudes?
They are watching

Offline PNill

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2016, 10:54:48 PM »
Anything new dudes?
I managed to get a hold of some of my old code, but for the past two months I had been in the process of moving and starting a new job so I'm not going to be able to put as much time into this as I would've liked but I will be working on it very slowly.

There's still the depth buffer issues I hope to fix and they're game breaking and I'm not sure if I'll be able to pull it off myself,
Sadly the old code from the previous time we did the modification pre-dates the fixes to that issue.

Offline Dinomite

• Ban
  • T:REP 2223
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2016, 09:14:18 AM »

This is an old video that i never uploaded until now.
Original creation date was 2015-12-14.

Offline PNill

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2016, 09:17:04 AM »
I apologize for not providing much info on this,

I've had a lot happen personally that made things kind of go on pause for awhile between being sick, having some infection issues, family issues and other things...

I hope you guys haven't lost interest and know that this is still coming and it will take some time,
I've also been working on my other project for Halo 2 Vista recently so that has been consuming a lot of my time but just tonight I've decided to look at Turok again and I think I've found some very interesting things that will help me in my travels I'll provide more info shortly.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal