Author Topic: [Release] Vital Fluid [Doom 64 EX]  (Read 15253 times)

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
[Release] Vital Fluid [Doom 64 EX]
« on: June 24, 2016, 06:46:02 PM »

Story:
Doomguy has intel that the demons are using blood to power one of there bases with enough blood and souls they are planning to open the portal to Hell once more. Doomguy knows what to do next. Kill them all and make a brutal get away. Its safe to say the fluid is very vital for the demons. Don’t worry about the blood someone else will clean it up.

Information:
This is my first Doom map so there was quite a bit of learning things involved on this one it wasn’t actually suppose to turn into something. I am ready to move to the next one now since i’m more familiar with the editor. But I tried to give this one some spice I think its pretty decent but what do I know. I tried to keep it somewhat on the simple side yet add some additional detail. You might be able to notice some influence from Turok in this level, nothing specific but you may notice it there in the air hehe.

It was fun to learn how it works and seeing the differences between eduke32 and doombuilder was interesting. There shall be more!

Download:
http://turokforums.com/doom64maps.zip/

Also on my site: https://duke64nukem.com/2016/06/24/doom-64-map-vital-fluid/

Enjoy.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 08:44:58 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
Re: [Release] Vital Fluid [Doom 64 EX]
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 10:29:53 PM »
Great I got it now going to play it man. Congrats on first Doom map release besides snapmap I guess. Going to play it now have a busy night ahead.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 10:32:40 AM »
I just finished it.

I tried to save the game and load it, but I got the error message. Hopefully you find a way where you can save level progress, because mine is becoming a big map and one slip on that jumping puzzle means Game Over! I probably should make an escape teleport because it would be a dick thing for me to not make one, if you can't reload your save. xD

Your map is like the real ones on the game. I can look at this WAD for a reference on how to build things better. I don't really have red lines on my map. You think I need them to separate areas? I know they're usually on the edges of maps where there's nothing. I'm still learning how the the lines work.

Anyway, it was fun to play. I didn't find the Yellow Key, but I'll try again the next time I play. I see those sky textures work perfectly, even though they don't look like it in the editor. I liked the thunder on that one and I just played Alter of Pain, the other night.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 10:54:06 AM by AbyssalDragon86 »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 02:10:50 PM »
Why does vital fluid remind me of sperm??? All jokes aside, nice mod dude!

There are three types of vital fluid I believe blood, water, and sperm xD Thanks

I just finished it.

I tried to save the game and load it, but I got the error message. Hopefully you find a way where you can save level progress, because mine is becoming a big map and one slip on that jumping puzzle means Game Over! I probably should make an escape teleport because it would be a dick thing for me to not make one, if you can't reload your save. xD

Your map is like the real ones on the game. I can look at this WAD for a reference on how to build things better. I don't really have red lines on my map. You think I need them to separate areas? I know they're usually on the edges of maps where there's nothing. I'm still learning how the the lines work.

Anyway, it was fun to play. I didn't find the Yellow Key, but I'll try again the next time I play. I see those sky textures work perfectly, even though they don't look like it in the editor. I liked the thunder on that one and I just played Alter of Pain, the other night.
Hmm I'm going to have to research how to save mid game I had no idea if you could or not. Yeah this wad should have quite a few references on how to do some things I hope it helps in any way. Thanks for playing yeah the yellow key is a little tricky :) There is surely some things that I could tidy up on the map still also but I figured I would just release it already before I delay something that wasn't suppose to be to much over the top.

Anyway, thanks for playing there will surely be more of these from me it was very enjoyable to create and hope to see levels from more members.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 02:12:30 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 04:10:20 AM »
Why does vital fluid remind me of sperm??? All jokes aside, nice mod dude!

There are three types of vital fluid I believe blood, water, and sperm xD Thanks

I just finished it.

Hmm I'm going to have to research how to save mid game I had no idea if you could or not. Yeah this wad should have quite a few references on how to do some things I hope it helps in any way. Thanks for playing yeah the yellow key is a little tricky :) There is surely some things that I could tidy up on the map still also but I figured I would just release it already before I delay something that wasn't suppose to be to much over the top.

Anyway, thanks for playing there will surely be more of these from me it was very enjoyable to create and hope to see levels from more members.

I'm going to probably use that sky texture for whatever I make after the current one. There's no rush, though and I'll take my time. If you make a bigger map, I'll be happy to play that. Do you know how to make triggered dart traps, yet? That would be a cool addition. I'm going to play it again, now and see if I can find everything. xD

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 01:21:02 PM »
I finished it and it is really nice. I see architecture, shadow, and a unique layout. Seems like its routed well. Hey I wanted to say that where you get the blue key (also the area you used as the levels picture) it is a catacomb remind me of Turok with these green temple like textures to.

Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 05:04:46 AM »
I eventually found the Yellow Key. xD

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 11:46:17 PM »
I finished it and it is really nice. I see architecture, shadow, and a unique layout. Seems like its routed well. Hey I wanted to say that where you get the blue key (also the area you used as the levels picture) it is a catacomb remind me of Turok with these green temple like textures to.

Yeah actually that is very right that is a catacomb it is exactly what it is ;)

Also, is it just me or does this texture look like the Campaigner's face? Its not actually a door texture but I made it work because of that lol.

Also, just updated the map with fixed switches and color coordinated torches (to help know which door is which).
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 01:56:47 AM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016, 05:44:38 PM »
Yeah it looks like his face I can see that some. The color torches do help but since I beat it already I know where to go xD. Great fix on the switches especially the end switch.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 05:45:15 PM by Rok »
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2016, 01:43:45 PM »
Dude this map is really sick I love the story to go along with it. So the blood on the floor is your blood what does that mean? Man this map is really well built architecture is on point and shading is just about perfect. The layout like Rok said is well routed (Rok I really like the way you defined that) Its like there is backtracking but your'e not actually backtracking by going backwards you take different routes back to the same areas. This reminds me of classic mapping here. Besides the one switch that's not changing textures everything seems great here. You should try to add more saturation to the map also. But this is your first Doom Builder map? Really if so its actually on point. Probably Duke mapping that helped :P

Anyways, I am going to make a video really soon so expect that man its bad ass.
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal