Author Topic: Duke Nukem  (Read 32871 times)

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 9595
    • View Profile
Re: Duke Nukem
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 03:18:55 PM »
Duke 3d reloaded... honestly that thing is like a myth and its way beyond the grave for years now. I agree with what Duke said before..there quality is mediocre really Rott 13 is not very good its an arcade fun game but its low quality so is bombshell in fact Dnf has more true quality than both :o. How many hours you guys got docked on thise two games huh? Still playing rott 13? How about Bombshell? Both games were meant to be Duke. If it was Duke do you think the ratings would all of a sudden be high? I bet Duke has more playtime on both rott and bombshell. I will get this game but I don't really get wrapped up in where the games rights go. As long as someone makes it. In the end its either a good game or bad game everything between isnt for me.

Anyways, damn that hollywood match was a close one there gg. You would be fooling yourself if you said Dnf was bad. You have like 2k hours on the game i know. If he has that play time on it im sure he isnt lying that he like dnf.
Rok, you dont know what you are talking about. Duke Nukem Forever was a bomb from the start. It barely had any preorders (or any buys for that matter) because it was so shit, most store copies didnt sell and were thrown away or given to poor people, dollar store / poundland / thrift stores are absolutely full of Duke Nukem Forever balls of steel edition busts aswell as the regular pc copies aswell because nobody could sell them and they were just handed out to them. You can find a sealed copy for 99 cents. Same happened with Max Payne 3, Saints Row 4 etc. It was a flop and it will always be a flop. You are sad people, man. If he isnt lying, hes not very intelligent.
And i dont reallty care for Rott13 and i especially dont care for bombshell, i forgot about that the moment i heard about it but that does not change the fact that DNF sucks rotted frosting covered balls. And you cant deny it, 2k and Gearfucks said it themselve: Duke Nukem 3D Next Gen was forcefully cancelled cause it looked and played better and it would annihialate the sales. of DNF which were shit to begin with. And your entire argument is fucking dumb, Duke Nukem Forever was not developed by 3D Realms, not now not ever. Maybe in the early stages but after that? No way jose. Check your fucking facts. 

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 3072
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2016, 03:33:49 PM »
This game was made by 3dr and polished by gearbox. Not there fault you can't really polish the core of a game that was nearly finished. If Duke likes dnf who cares. Its actually not that bad.

Name some good fps games that came out starting in 2008... I will wait. Sad that the media just crushed dnf because of the hype it brought to many expectations killed dnf it released on schedule it would of been rated high. But who is to blame for releasing it so late? gearbox or 3dr? Its 100% 3dr's fault why it took from 1996-2011 to release. Check the facts again. Go read the contract actually. Gearbox signed saying they would release 3dr's product (DNF)! and also release there other project "Duke Nukem Begins" If they Gearbox can have Duke's IP. Duke Nukem begins probably won't happen under contract because once again 3dr decided to try and rape Duke again for what its worth. Now they have no binding to Duke Nukem. Its said and done.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 04:03:43 PM by Jay Doomed »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2016, 04:00:17 PM »
Its pretty sad when someone tries to tell somebody else a game is that bad when the said person has played plenty of time on it. Obviously he likes the game what does that have to do with you. If you don't like it well then cool.

I'm also buying this new Duke game in fact i think I might just pre order a few asap.

Also, once again...Duke 3 D reloaded is literally ROTT 13 that's what that game is. So unless you really love it I wouldn't claim that reloaded was going to be some god project. It would of been a fun ftp fast paced arcade like tf2 lol.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 04:07:21 PM by Jay Doomed »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 7181
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2016, 05:16:08 PM »
I know kinda sticking up for me with the game I like. But I won't lie I know DNF is certainly not the best game. But I actually still enjoy it now. Dinomite is not in the minority saying DNF is a bad game. A lot of others thought so too. Just so happens I don't agree which actually puts me in the minority hehe. But I have sentimental connections with DNF for a few reasons, I will list them some time. I have this much time played because of mp games, though I have beaten the sp over 10 times lol. But the mp in DNF is very good and still populated un like Rott 13. That game is pretty much silence on mp except on saturday ;) While DNF has full lobbies daily.

Anyways, these arguments are way passed my time I've had them for years and have been following Duke daily for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng time no exaggeration. Its passed the point for me to to debate it anymore my conclusion is I will ride for Dukey whereever the hell he goes just as Turok. I no longer listen when someone calls the game bad.. How many times you think I heard it? I would probably guess about a million times. So I can't sit here and debate something I have debated like 5 years ago anymore dudes. Its not that serious xD Its like a lightning strike when you first see one as a kid its like whooaa what was that but by the time you're 20 its like ummm yeah what a storm out there.

Playing my Painkiller map on War of Attrition mod. What a bad ass mod though highly suggest it. It can be found here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/duke-nukem-attrition/downloads/war-of-attrition-17rc

« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 05:35:00 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2016, 05:21:08 PM »
Its pretty sad when someone tries to tell somebody else a game is that bad when the said person has played plenty of time on it. Obviously he likes the game what does that have to do with you. If you don't like it well then cool.

I'm also buying this new Duke game in fact i think I might just pre order a few asap.

Also, once again...Duke 3 D reloaded is literally ROTT 13 that's what that game is. So unless you really love it I wouldn't claim that reloaded was going to be some god project. It would of been a fun ftp fast paced arcade like tf2 lol.
HAHAHA WHAT AN IDIOT! XD I might have to call the police for attempted murder cause i nearly died from laughter when reading your post.
"Duke 3 D reloaded is literally ROTT 13 that's what that game is. So unless you really love it I wouldn't claim that reloaded was going to be some god project. It would of been a fun ftp fast paced arcade like tf2 lol." This is total fucking bullshit. Its nothing like ROTT 13, hell its not even based off it. Ive lost respect for just about everyone on here, you're all a bunch of idiots. If you want to ban me go ahead but this is just fucking ridiculous.

Tell me this looks anything like Rott 13 and you will prove that you either need glasses (PM me, i'll lend you mine. Ask Specsavers for Dinomite) or just have a pebble sized brain in that cranium of yours.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 08:56:43 PM »
I wouldn't ban for saying an opinion if I'm going to use my time banning its going to be on the smart bots. But saying you lost respect for people well I don't know what to tell ya. You are wrong though Duke 3D reloaded did turn into Rott man.... Its even in the same engine UE3 and even looks just like it xD I mean to a degree of course they got new textures and new models to fit Rott and stuff like that I'm sure. Also, those guys showed me some of the Reloaded models before personally, I have seen the pistol and shotgun and many others in blender while they moved it around they were pretty bad ass. Its also been said somewhere by Fresch that Rott formed from there work on Reloaded. I tried saying it already Fresch said he couldn't have all that work go to complete waste, guys arguing for nothing and over a game that is gone with the wind.

They also got paid for Rott, when Duke 3d reloaded was going to be ftp. So its actually better for them as a company. They got a pretty penny and probably popped a bottle with the team because its how they started off.  I don't agree it would be like tf2 though. Rott is nothing like tf2 probably just joking lmao. But Rott is literally the works of Duke 3D Reloaded just because gearhax closed it down doesn't mean they gave up on there project. They literally moved there work to Rott. And I actually like Rott if it were Duke I might of played even more.  Then again I kind of like Rott a lot.

I was mad at 3Dr though for losing Duke to Gearhax this wasn't always how I felt. Everyone gets mad at Gearhax because its easy but nobody seemed to care as much about the people who made that possible for gearhax. I have gotten over it with 3dr though those guys I can consider friends to a degree and at least they tried to do something. It was just a horrible result of losing Duke completely. Reloaded was not a bad idea. But after buying 3DR and already knowing that Gearbox wouldn't allow a new Duke. Trying Duke Nukem Mass Destruction (the game that turned into bombshell) was a bad idea. Its what lead to losing Duke Nukem completely that's why they changed to Bshell. I got over all that crap and just tired of over thinking things on Duke. I just want a Duke if its good, good if its bad. Well then move on..sell the ip who cares.

Crazy match here though. All good players here for sure. But dat comeback hehe.

Lol completely messed my post up and fixed it crap. As I said before i'm not getting into these invalid pointless battles here because I have heard it all a million times and probably more. I made this post because I already know this conversation has just begun probably. But I'm just going to post things about Duke inbetween it that have nothing to do with it.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 11:11:01 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2016, 11:48:19 AM »
Crazy match here though. All good players here for sure. But dat comeback hehe.

Nah doesn't have to keep going with that argument... You're right it is pointless and I was totally joking about the TF2 I just knew that was a funny comparison :) Dammmn dude hahah good video rekt good comeback and win for sure.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 04:00:26 PM by Jay Doomed »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2016, 07:08:29 PM »
Never released it on Moddb yet. Its an old release actually my first mod, I put it on duke4 forum though. Simple mod I converted and fixed the DN64 specific DM maps and formed them into SP maps. Then put them in episode format.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 09:57:02 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2016, 12:17:08 PM »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2016, 04:16:56 PM »
Fun Fact: Big the Cat from Sonic Adventure was voiced by Jon St. John.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal