Author Topic: Mahinnwost (A New 9 map Single Player Campaign) V1.2  (Read 9785 times)

Offline shinyditto12

• Iguana
  • T:REP 64
    • View Profile
Mahinnwost (A New 9 map Single Player Campaign) V1.2
« on: April 24, 2020, 03:36:45 AM »

WELCOME TO A PROJECT I AM VERY PROUD TO UNLEASH TO YOU ALL

A new single player mod for you all to play and enjoy!

Behold, the land known as Mahinnwost, a location that is based on a multiplayer map in Turok Evolution named "Swampy Abodes" that was located on an island named Mahinnwost. Mahinnowst is presumably a heavily swampy area, much like the Death Marshes, where ever that location may be at!   

This mod contains 9 Turok 1 inspired maps for you all to explore, starting from the swampy landscapes, to foggy forests, to undead crypts!

This mod is also VERY HARD!!! Enemies health's have been boosted quite a bit, no more one-shotting enemies with just one explosive shell anymore! (Most enemies, to be exact). I recommend playing this on normal because YOU WILL DIE A LOT on hard. Ammo may be plentiful but health is not common.

With that being said, lets take a look at each map, shall we?

Map 1 - "The Bog" (Time - Midnight)

You start off in the dead of night, searching a nearby house for supplies! Watch out for Raptors, Deadman and those Swampy Worms! A small location for you to start off in!

Map 2 - "The Swampy Cliffs" (Time - 4:00 AM)

As you continue on, you find yourself in a narrow and cramped up cliffside. Watch out fro Leapers and more worms! Keep an eye out for those Purrlin Gunners and WarClubs!

Map 3 - "The Bayou" (Time - 4:30 AM)

ZOMBIE ALERT, THERE ARE SO MANY DEADMAN HERE! If you thought the last map was cramped and overwhelming, you have no seen anything yet! There are close to almost 100 Deadman in this map, as well as a few Lord of the Dead limping around! You will also find your first secret in this map! Can you find the Hidden Scorpion Missile Launch and Razor Wind in this map? Head south of where you start and you can find the Firestorm Cannon and start mowing down the undead!

Map 4 - "Swampy Abodes" (Time - 5:00 AM)

As day starts to break you see a familiar sight? It should since this the famed multiplayer map I based my whole mod on, remade for Turok 2! It's also crawling with Gunners! Find the Grenade Launch and take em out! A 2nd secret is also found here!

Map 5 - "The Forest" (Time - 6:00 AM)

Take a breather with some much-needed health, raid the nearby homes of weapons, ammo and some health and then head off into the cave and into the foggy forest! Watch out for all the Leapers that fill the forest and head over towards the lakeside mansion!

Map 6 - "The Moor" (Time - 11:00 AM)

It's a change of scenery and it's also A MINIBOSS TIME! One of 3 Sisters of Despair is located here and they are no pushover! Find some new weapons and take her out! Watch out for some stray Lord of the Dead's and a sneaky Gunner!

Map 7 - "The Cliffside Village" (Time - 2:00 PM)

This is where it starts to get quite a bit harder! Tougher enemies such as Lord of the Dead and Oblivion have replaced all the weaker enemies! Explore the houses before making way towards the 2nd Sister of Despair!

Map 8 - "The Crypt" (Time - 6:30 PM)

As the sun starts to set, make your way down the path of blood and into the crypt! Watch out for more zombies and oblivion! The last 2 secrets are located on this map, one of them holding the Nuke weapon! If you are really feeling evil, you can find it and head back to map 3  and blast all those undead that harassed you! The last Sister of Despair is located here and this one is no pushover, being larger and stronger than the last one! Take her out and head onto the last location!

Map 9 - "The End" (Time - 8:00 PM)

As dusk approaches. you will find that there are no enemies in this location, just a nice place to relax and stare off into the sea! Take a moment to relax, grab the full health and enter the location that loops back to map 1! Congratulations! You just beat the mod!

The link to the goods: https://mega.nz/file/nZQCzACI#C7YeIRVUSOvw7tWrQVAaZe_wEptO63WcElUQVcw-2vYo

Credits!
Behemoth - For helping me out with how everything works in Kexstudio and how to mod all of this in.
Badger - For additional help!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 09:38:53 PM by shinyditto12 »

Offline shinyditto12

• Iguana
    • View Profile
Re: Mahinnwost (A New 9 map Single Player Campaign) V1.0
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 11:37:10 AM »
There seems to be a crash that is happening on the exit of the 7th map. Trying to fix this atm

Offline shinyditto12

• Iguana
    • View Profile
Re: Mahinnwost (A New 9 map Single Player Campaign) V1.1
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 01:53:03 PM »
CHANGE LOG V1.1

* Fixed a crash that happened when exiting Map 7
* Added a trail of lifeforce in Map 3
* Added more Health in Map 3

Offline shinyditto12

• Iguana
    • View Profile
Re: Mahinnwost (A New 9 map Single Player Campaign) V1.1
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 09:38:15 PM »
Change Log V 1.2

*Added marks for the last two secret areas.

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
  • T:REP 372
    • View Profile
Re: Mahinnwost (A New 9 map Single Player Campaign) V1.2
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 04:46:42 PM »
I played through this the other day, and I wanted to say good job! The atmosphere of maps 3 and 4 was amazing. Wouldn't have minded map 3 being longer if there were a just a bit fewer deadmen. :P  The lighting reminded me of what I've seen of Shadowman.

I also gotta say that I completely cheesed the third Sister fight by activating the door and then jumping back across the moat. I could shoot her and she could shoot at me, but she never moved and I could dodge, lol.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Re: Mahinnwost (A New 9 map Single Player Campaign) V1.2
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2020, 11:16:12 PM »
Hey this is really nice. I've only got to play some of it so far but nice job.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal