Author Topic: Turok EX  (Read 187467 times)

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
  • T:REP 420
    • View Profile
Re: Turok EX
« Reply #240 on: September 15, 2016, 08:09:57 PM »
I beated the game on hardcore sometime after my previous post, and I still think enemies dont get any more range of sight. The demons in stage 7&8 have more range by default so thats it.

I guess its just here for the people that felt insulted by not being able to see a bit more.

Hardcore diffuclty itself was very fun tough, and I really got to fiddle arounf more with the shockwave cannon. The range of a full charged shot is just insane.

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 675
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 17, 2016, 10:36:47 PM »
Test

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 17, 2016, 10:37:38 PM »
I beated the game on hardcore sometime after my previous post, and I still think enemies dont get any more range of sight. The demons in stage 7&8 have more range by default so thats it.

I guess its just here for the people that felt insulted by not being able to see a bit more.

Hardcore diffuclty itself was very fun tough, and I really got to fiddle arounf more with the shockwave cannon. The range of a full charged shot is just insane.

Yeah man ;) hardcore mode. Tis the only way to go for me! Truly makes the game shine iat it's best, I noticed these differences in range aswell. They can be modified for each enemy by editing the givin enemys def text file. I have not been down that part of town in a few days now but I'm not sure if these enemy def files is or is not a that one def structure I do recall having to declare a new var in main, and ect. Ect. In order to enable the full range of scale abilitys possible for the Params in these def files, I think I both found some more usable Params for a def file found it in the .exe and noticed it's not used in vans def, also not useable untill I enabled. When doing this I then noticed that I I could now set different values for most of the already scene Params in the def folders scripts, for exsample. I changed the player model to the Dino rider bad guy. I then rendered the player model at all time when the player is in control, now the player is on screen becuse I then moved the player camera back just a bit and then up so it would be in the area of where the grunts head is, the grunt who rides the dino( Dino rider is the badguys name in the scripts) but the camera would only go so much and I could not change the cams height value to a value I knew it accepts.

A idea would be to edit the bullets that come out of bad guys guns ( the .kfx files for there bullets )  make them projectiles and not insta hits but make the projectile relistcly fast,  in the same kfx; add a trail to those bulets, effect is badass if done right. Bullets can even rid off of walls tracers and all, the angel of the ricache is  very configurable at that point. And finally, enhance enemys line of sight.

I noticed wile looking into the different features of how a enemy can sense a player in game and i came across a lot of possibilitys. Already in game is a basic crude and simple, framework for enemys being able to here you. I won't rant on I just thought it was interesting, a lot of work in this one mod I have been keeping secret as I work on was influenced by these features. Wanted to addon to it: enemys can not see the player if the player is on top of a certain floor texture and enemys not being able to see the player if the player is within a certain models, pos radius; this way we can have the player hide in tall grass hidden from enemys and there line of sights. They can here gunfire already in game and it triggers the enemy awareness to the player and engages, for that one I was thinking, why not here footsteps or walking on metal, this dame game has more possibilitys then most anything else I have had this much access to. I even wanna say more so then ue4.

Hmm I'm interested to see what that plasma cannon would feel like if it went on untill a collision, and only on top of that may be interesting to have a 2nd key button blow it up on demand, would add a new tool to some of those fights in game, even more so if all my ranting about changing bad guys bullets.

I'll finish this post tomorrow . 10 at night so sleepylol. Maby should of held off but sorry for this pm you guys can prob tell I am half asleep lol. I wanted to bring up the draw distance maby I will here; I'll fix this up in the morning. Night y'all have a good one be safe cya around.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 11:18:29 PM by Snake Plissken »

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 18, 2016, 06:38:02 AM »
In the end I guess I jus see how the kex engine can pull off most everything we would have seen in any other game on the market, for this reason I can say that whatever we think of most likely can be done in game for what we know is what we have done and what we have experienced is all that enables us to use our amagination. Literally most anything we would like to see in a game can in time be pulled of in this software that runs Turok. In my opinion the kex engine is in every definition: a true modern marvel

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 22, 2016, 11:55:59 AM »
Oh damn! hey Snake hows it been nice to see you :) Hope things are good with your Turok mods.
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #245 on: October 17, 2016, 12:35:20 PM »
A message from Kaiser that some may have missed but its pretty interesting 3 EX projects :)

Kaiser says: "Since I’ve been very busy with other ‘EX’ projects (3 to be exact) , dotfloat has been kind enough to continue maintaining Doom64EX. So without further adieu, here’s an update from dotfloat:"

Source: https://doom64ex.wordpress.com/2016/09/24/announcing-nightly-builds/
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 18, 2016, 01:37:49 PM »
I wonder if the engine will work in any way with other N64 games

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #247 on: October 20, 2016, 08:00:44 PM »
The Kex engine can do a lot of things and I'm pretty sure that it could possibly do almost any N64 game. As long as someone or team had the focus to do it, ability to pull the models and some assets from said game, and skill to code and develop in order to make all pieces work and match things up. Other words a lot of hard work. Of course having the source could help a hole lot.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #248 on: November 23, 2016, 06:28:18 PM »
Ye. Steam awards thing. I voted Turok for "Test of Time award".
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 06:28:59 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
    • View Profile