Author Topic: Turok EX  (Read 185889 times)

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Re: Turok EX
« Reply #250 on: November 25, 2016, 02:25:27 AM »
Lol, same here.

Good we all should xD it has been a test of time for Turok hehe.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
  • T:REP 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 21, 2017, 09:11:16 PM »
So, is there anything redeemable about the alien gun? I just cant seem to find a single good use for it where either the pulse rifle or the particle accelerator outperform it.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #252 on: January 21, 2017, 11:23:55 PM »
I always just use the Pulse Rifle xD Particle Accelerator is always fun to use though. Alien weapon is my third choice in these because it uses my Pulse Ammo lol.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 21, 2017, 11:49:11 PM »
Thats the problem.

5 energy cells for less damage than 5 shots with the pulse rifle, and if you are for the blast radius then the particle accelerator has a ginormous area of effect with enough damage to kill a high priest on normal, for just 10 energy cells.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #254 on: January 22, 2017, 01:10:12 AM »
Yeah it does self damage a lot I don't think its a very useful weapon its more a cool weapon an additional touch to weapons I suppose.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 675
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 23, 2017, 05:27:22 PM »
Yeah it does self damage a lot I don't think its a very useful weapon its more a cool weapon an additional touch to weapons I suppose.
The alien gun use to make the player pop up just a bit and takes damage. I learned how to pulloff alot from observing the scripts that make the push happen. Kex is a brilliant thing.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #256 on: January 24, 2017, 05:18:17 PM »
The alien gun use to make the player pop up just a bit and takes damage. I learned how to pulloff alot from observing the scripts that make the push happen. Kex is a brilliant thing.

I really like kex so far in any format xD It is responsible for bringing back two of my favorite games (soon to be 3). And I mean like top 3 games so a big thing for me and gave them both editors. I still find myself in Doom 64 ex these days lol. To me it has outlasted BD64 not a knock on BD64 though that mod is fun as hell and on zandronum mp servers is great BD64 is pretty good for a great arcade D64 experience staying somewhat original Heavy Metal Doom 64. Even started a few maps for it also. I just think Doom 64 EX is the true version because it stays nearly identically true. I don't even have to go over kex when it comes to doing Turok. Nothing short of greatness :))

I know you have been looking at kex in full and man it can do a lot of things its a brilliant engine yeah just like you said.

Nice to see you i'm rambling though lol.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 07:38:26 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #257 on: January 25, 2017, 12:47:16 AM »
So, is there anything redeemable about the alien gun? I just cant seem to find a single good use for it where either the pulse rifle or the particle accelerator outperform it.

It's good for killing enemies on the first hit and then blasting their screaming corpses high into the air on the secondary! xD

I think the explosive blast can have some crowd control use and I know it can knock down trees on enemies. I'd normally use a Grenade Launcher on something like a Purr-Linn, though and I usually do on that first Purr-Linn you encounter at the Treetop Village.

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 04, 2017, 12:26:37 PM »
About the high priests... arent their red fireballs supposed to be homing or something? because right now its just a crappier version of their norm firebal.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #259 on: December 22, 2017, 04:22:04 PM »
Happy birthday Turok 1 editor. It has now been released for a year! Still so happy this released I have something to spend my energy in and really enjoy/learn things while doing so.

:chronosceptor: :chronosceptor: :chronosceptor: :chronosceptor: :chronosceptor: :chronosceptor: :chronosceptor: :chronosceptor:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 04:23:23 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal