Author Topic: |TT|'s Overhaul Mod - releasing soon  (Read 3661 times)

Offline |TT|

• Iguana
  • T:REP 38
    • View Profile
|TT|'s Overhaul Mod - releasing soon
« on: April 05, 2022, 09:42:29 PM »
I have created a mod that is largely complete, and is meant to be a Turok+ (mod for Turok1)-style upgrade that stays with the original design intent but makes the game overall better. More info to come soon.

I just have a question or three for the modders here:

1: how could I possibly modify the checkpoint stations? Say I wanted to make them only grant half ammo on higher difficulties so you're not running around with endless explosives totally ignoring half the arsenal?

2: What about universally modifying one bool on all pickup generators?

3:  lastly, how about making lifeforces available on hardcore, but instead reducing red LF to 2 (hardcore only). This would be alongside the checkpoints only granting half ammo above and some other things.
It would be nice if many of the games secret areas were not rendered pointless by the removal of lifeforces and game difficulty was not about spamming quicksave.

With these implemented I can call it complete. If you can answer, please spell it out for a noob. I have decent coding experience but not with C++
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 09:49:25 PM by |TT| »

Offline |TT|

• Iguana
    • View Profile
Re: |TT|'s Overhaul Mod - releasing soon
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 02:01:26 AM »
Can anyone tell me why any new enemies added to certain  vanilla maps via the level editor do not appear in-game? The map is loading, enemies are not difficty filtered, they just won't appear. On many but not all maps. Weird

Offline DoomMarine23

• Raptor
  • T:REP 230
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2022, 11:53:59 AM »
A lot of great questions that I am not sure if I can exactly answer but I know people who are more likely able to, but I'll try regardless. I'd suggest joining the Discord and asking Behemoth Programmer because he has modified Turok 2 quite extensively, and he would have a better idea of things than I do.

1. I am not sure if its possible to alter the checkpoint stations, I've never seen anyone try.

2. Possibly, what did you have in mind for the pick up generators?

3. It may be possible by attaching a script to the red lifeforces, checking the game's difficulty setting, and having them replace their selves with a version that only grants 2 life tokens. I'll test this out and let you know. I am not sure if Turok 2 detects game difficulty, but T1 does.

4. I have limited experience with T2's editor. Have you tried opening an existing map, copying the enemy you want in your new map, and pasting it in? You may be missing some important flags or setup.

Update: I am successful in attaching a script to the red lifeforce. However, I am having difficulty figuring out how the game checks difficulty. There is an enum value, but I cannot find an example of how to reference it in a script. Behemoth may know more.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 01:23:15 PM by DoomMarine23 »

Offline |TT|

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 02:06:45 PM »
Appreciate it.

There must be a variable for game difficulty that can be referenced. Has to be. Edit: oh you found an enum

The checkpoints from what I can tell generic_script.txt would have to be overriden/subclassed but i am not certain.

Generators i just want to on hardcore universally disable binfinitetotal, and make any that had this bool true to set their total to something like 3. And I also want to re-enable all lifeforces on hardcore. Maybe a foreach iterator but c++ is new to me and a total bitch

May i have a copy of your script?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 02:45:29 PM by |TT| »

Offline DoomMarine23

• Raptor
  • T:REP 230
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2022, 05:09:52 PM »
Yeah, sure. It is fairly simple. I include the script in the game's main.txt, and I attach it to the lifeforce10 pickup in the actor definition file. It looks for the class that I defined in the lifeforce.txt script.

https://mega.nz/file/W843GKhK#wX7-8h5HP2bxWefxe-PzNZzXTc6meHml7bzyyCfPKJk

Besides finding out how to grab the game's difficulty, you should be good to go. Deleting the 10 point lifeforce and spawning a 2 point in its place, should be trivial after that.

Offline |TT|

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2022, 02:02:29 PM »
Thanks man. Same boat though. No idea how to reference difficulty. Too bad there's very little documentation for T2

Offline |TT|

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2022, 11:01:22 PM »
I figured out the enemy spawning problem digging through this forum. Enemies must first be activated with an action trigger. There's more however: stationary enemies do not require this, and from what I can tell sectoring is a factor too.

Offline |TT|

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2022, 12:40:38 PM »
Another question: how can I adjust enemy ammo drops? In the primagen lightship in particular you get constant drops of charge darts, plasma ammo and scorpion missiles, which is problematic for balance (can just run around spamming the same powerful weapon over and over e.g scorpion). I have enemies.txt in defs which is for defining their default properties, and set deathItemDropFlags1 to 0, yet this does nothing in-game. Must be getting overridden somewhere
« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 12:41:48 PM by |TT| »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal