Author Topic: Night Dive Studios  (Read 53844 times)

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 3072
    • View Profile
Night Dive Studios
« on: September 23, 2015, 02:09:27 PM »

So I think these guys are really busy at work. There not lazy that's for sure. Not to mention they are the ones working on the Turok remakes! There motto is awesome to

"Night Dive Studios believes that classic video games should never be abandoned or forgotten. They should be available to play at any time, run out of the box without the hassle of installing outdated drivers, or using obsolete hardware. Movies are restored, Books are digitized, and Art is preserved to be appreciated for all time. Why should Games be any different? We know there are countless games that are still unavailable, and we’re doing our best to bring them back from the depths to be treasued once more."

They have released quite a few games, they are remakes of older games of course but still. In my opinion those are the best type of games because classics are the best :)

Here are some games by them I like:

Strife : Veteran Edition

Shadow Man (oh yes another Acclaim project)

System Shock Enhanced Edition ( Released Yesterday!)

Check out there webpage to see all the games they have done and additional information as well.

http://www.nightdivestudios.com/
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 1052
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
Re: Night Dive Studios
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 02:36:01 PM »
Yeah this is good news they worked on Shadow Man that would mean they have connect at Acclaim and would point to the Turok remakes to be 100% true. Unless Shadow Man rights were sold somewhere and I don't know about it.

Anyway, Night Dive Studios you rock! Thanks for bringing up Turok :) Keep up the good work I really like that logo a hole lot and the web site design is good to. The start of that quote makes me think of Turok!

"Night Dive Studios believes that classic video games should never be abandoned or forgotten."

I AM ADON

Offline The_EyeofTurok

• Raptor
  • T:REP 164
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 03:09:02 PM »
Yes thankssssssss Night Dive! Freaking awesome. If any of you have played the Strife game its pretty damn good no audio, visual, or game play bugs. Plus including mod support was good idea to.

Another cool game they have is http://www.nightdivestudios.com/games/spirits-of-xanadu/

But I also like this game for its weirdness http://www.nightdivestudios.com/games/inherit-the-earth/

Yes Doomguy System Shock enhanced just released yesterday for GOG only but soon its coming to Steam also :) http://www.gog.com/game/system_shock_enhanced_edition
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 03:10:31 PM by The_EyeofTurok »
They are watching

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 7181
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 06:58:25 PM »
I definitely agree that Night Dive is pretty awesome, as of now Strife and Shadow Man are my favorite remakes from them. But with Turok on the rise there is no competition for that spot. Doing a good job I was watching there stream on twitch, they showing System Shock on the GOG twitch account.

Look them up on facebook they make some Turok posts when its the time. Also, there is a Night Dive Steam group. But that's a nice website they have I like how its underwater themed even sound effects :)

I know this could also go in the Acclaim thread but it fits here to :)

« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 11:39:06 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline MaxMan

• Raptor
  • T:REP 195
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 10:25:07 AM »
Yep Night Dive Studios rocks here is why.

1. They are on the rise: They have done a hole lot of unknown games but by doing so they catered to specific fan bases who in return love them :)

2. The games put out by them are NOT full with bugs and unplayable. They seem to be good at least all of the ones I played.

3. There making Turok! Do I need to say anything else?

I wish they did Max Payne 2 because the game doesn't work on steam, that's right do not buy that game because you have to go through a bunch of hoops just to get it to work.... and I paid for it. If I pay for a game I expect it to work better then a torrent. Am I wrong?

Two games I have checked out from them that I did not know about before.

Freddi Fish and the case of the missing Kelp.

The Harvester

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 9595
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 12:35:30 PM »
I Think this is a good way of getting old games again but i dont think its big enough to deserve its own topic. What do you think duke?

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 3072
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 12:36:09 PM »
Yeah I never heard of most of the games they released but there are a few gems in there that I do remember easily. Lost treasures for sure, that appeal to different genres and type of people.

1. They are on the rise: They have done a hole lot of unknown games but by doing so they catered to specific fan bases who in return love them :)
This ^

I Think this is a good way of getting old games again but i dont think its big enough to deserve its own topic. What do you think duke?
I did talk to Duke before making this, and the Doom thread. He seemed more enthusiastic about this Night Dive thread then I did though. So I went ahead and made it :)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 12:39:16 PM by DoomGuy »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2338
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 12:58:12 PM »
Pretty awesome logo it really is. And there intro video is nice to :) I like Night Dive mostly because they had the balls to mention/chase Turok.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 9595
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 12:59:45 PM »
Thats really unexpected.
Pretty awesome logo it really is. And there intro video is nice to :) I like Night Dive mostly because they had the balls to mention/chase Turok.
I Dont know where youre getting at. This was not their idea, Kaiser gave the project to them. Check your facts.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 01:00:41 PM by Dinomite »

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2338
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 01:17:07 PM »
No I know Kaiser started the work dude. But once Night Dive picked it up it got publicity like being on almost every gaming blog and forum out there even Ign. And the comments were pouring in. Dude it was like it was the 90s again for Turok when Night Dive announced a steam release. Kaisers work would have been more underground then this imo.
Raptor Rok is metal.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal