Author Topic: Night Dive Studios  (Read 53844 times)

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 7181
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Re: Night Dive Studios
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2015, 11:50:36 PM »
Well with a motto like this we shouldn't expect anything else :)

"We search the dark seas in search of mysterious, sometimes obscure treasures that have been lost to time and we do our best to make sure they are not forgotton."

Also, I am pretty hooked to Shadow Man right now I definitely have a video coming for it :)
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Lizard Tail

• Iguana
  • T:REP 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2015, 12:15:30 PM »
I remember Shadow Man that is a really fun game from childhood. I am glad to see it on steam was pretty surprised myself.

Offline The_EyeofTurok

• Raptor
  • T:REP 164
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2015, 02:30:06 PM »
Well yeah Shadow Man is and was an awesome game and I have it on steam it runs good for me not much you could complain about its an awesome game easily my favorite from Night Dive atm :) Also, Strife is a cool to and it runs great. But I am still waiting for System Shock Enhanced to release on steam :) Or am I late and it already did?
They are watching

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 3072
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2015, 11:25:15 AM »
Funny how my opinion of there best games all start with an "S" but as we know that will be changing soon! I can't wait man I wake up thinking about it lol

(S)hadow Man
(S)trife
(S)ystem Shock

TUROK!
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2015, 04:52:36 PM »
Got to play this again finally :) You know I really like this game though more then I did before. Just because I was so young then, now I understand it a bit more now and its still bad ass :P

Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 1052
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2015, 03:31:24 PM »
Great video Dukey glad to see you play it :) This game looks a bit scary huhu. I remember it, but I never played it myself. But Shadow Man is another classic ass kicker obviously. You know it reminds me some of the games that came after it. Some of the newer (considering the date is 1999 for this) third person shooter games probably learned some from this one right here. Also, looks like it runs decently I searched around and this appears to be the only Acclaim game on Steam....for now heheh (evil laugh) Thanks Night Dive :)
I AM ADON

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2015, 11:23:38 AM »
But Shadow Man is another classic ass kicker obviously.
Oh heck yeah he is Adon :) I think he's one of the coolest game characters ever I mean he isn't super stereotypical either. Plus there is more weapons to come o course and his narrating of the game is beyond great. That's another one of the great things of this game simply his voice acting is on point.

Good video Duke :) I made a youtube and subbed to you and a few other members here!

Offline MaxMan

• Raptor
  • T:REP 195
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2015, 10:56:22 AM »

At 1:08 "I don't drink...... with snakes" Shadow Man was awesome I honestly forgot about the game before this thread though. Now I am going to have to give it a go. I enjoy TPS games to like Max Payne.

Some of the newer (considering the date is 1999 for this) third person shooter games probably learned some from this one right here. Also, looks like it runs decently I searched around and this appears to be the only Acclaim game on Steam....for now heheh (evil laugh) Thanks Night Dive :)
That seems pretty accurate as Max Payne 1 released 2001 and Hitman Codname 47 released in 2000. Those are two of the very best TPS game series along with Tomb Raider. Its safe to say that in its time Shadow Man was one of the better TPS games. Also yeah looks like that's the only Acclaim game on steam as of now....

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2015, 04:35:19 PM »
Turok and Shadow Man are very similar to Duke Nukem and Lo Wang (brothers from another mother) Though Shadow Man is TPS and Turok is FPS there time frames were pretty much exact with each other. Both games promoted one another to in Turok 2 it has promotions for Shadow Man also. Both games have comics and some form of magic even though its a different formula in each. So I made this for fun :)

Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2015, 01:35:21 PM »
Always like how Shadow Man says that. So much power good voice acting.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal