Author Topic: Turok RW Mouse Input  (Read 33190 times)

Offline Drahsid

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 557
  • That I be considered worthy
    • View Profile
Turok RW Mouse Input
« on: February 15, 2020, 07:25:00 PM »
What is this?
Knockoff Turok RW EX?
This is NOT a PC port. This is merely a collection of memory hacks that have sprung from my reverse engineering utilizing my fork of Mupen64Plus

What does this give you?
  • Mouse input with customizable look-sensitivity

What problem does this solve?
This completely bypasses the joystick, so you are not limited to the game's interpretation of the stick input. You are not limited to the -128-127 range on either axis.

Cool. How do I get it?
Download any version of Mupen64Plus that is not Mupen64Plus-nx!!
Download and extract this into the root directory of Mupen64. This should replace "mupen64plus.dll", and you should see a new folder called "scripts."
That's it, run Turok RW in Mupen!

Note that for proper keyboard controls, you will have to configure the input of Mupen to use your desired buttons. I will not go over how to do that but do highly suggest sharing your configurations when you get something that you like.

How do I configure the options?
In the Mupen64Plus directory, navigate to ./scripts/Turok - Rage Wars (U) (V1.0) [!]/ and edit MouseInput.wren with your text editor of choice. The options have comments describing their relevance.

Bugs
  • If you get an issue related to the input plugin, replace it with this

Other notes
You can press  HOME to lock/unlock the mouse
If you fancy learning a high level scripting language, you can use what I have already set up to make more memory hacks that may do a plethora of things.

Special thanks to Kaiser
Well that didn't work

Offline Nutshot

• Iguana
  • T:REP 99
    • View Profile
Re: Turok RW Mouse Input
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 04:11:09 AM »
Oh my God. How did i missed this?
Of course i missed this cause i constantly stayed in the Turok 3 Thread.
This is so great. Thank you.

Offline Nutshot

• Iguana
  • T:REP 99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 02:35:00 AM »
Seeing your awesome Turok 3 Mouse Input and this here, i wonder do you have anything else in the pocket or are these the only ones?
We already have a perfect Port from Carnivorous (if you know him) for Goldeneye/Perfect Dark. Seeing how good you are at this stuff, the only thing missing from N64 is "007: The World is not Enough".
Carnivorous actually did one before, but it was with Project64 only.  :sick:
How you doing it with Mupen it feels so much better.
Also the inbuilt extras you do like higher FPS/FOV, which 007 would greatly appreciate from it i think.
I know this is a Turok Forum, but i donĀ“t know where i should ask about this.
Thanks for all the great contributions.  :have a nice day:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 02:37:54 AM by Nutshot »

Offline Cpfuzzy

• Iguana
  • T:REP 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 01:41:25 PM »
Sorry to post my problems here but I don't know this Mupen64Plus works on Windows 10, I'm used to Project64 and I downloaded the Mupen64Plus and I see a application in the folder "mupen64plus-ui-console" but when I open it, it will just close down again, I really wanna try this mouse hack but just can't figure out how to work this thing.

Offline FX

• Iguana
  • T:REP 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2021, 09:11:45 AM »
Sorry to post my problems here but I don't know this Mupen64Plus works on Windows 10, I'm used to Project64 and I downloaded the Mupen64Plus and I see a application in the folder "mupen64plus-ui-console" but when I open it, it will just close down again, I really wanna try this mouse hack but just can't figure out how to work this thing.
it doesn't open because it's the console UI, you click and drag your rom on to the .exe
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 09:41:07 AM by FX »
Who needs PC ports when we have legends.

Offline Cpfuzzy

• Iguana
  • T:REP 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2021, 02:59:36 AM »
it doesn't open because it's the console UI, you click and drag your rom on to the .exe

Thanks! I have a few graphical glitches but nothing game-breaking.  I tried setting up controls but I'm way to stupid to do it so I'm hoping here someone posts there config.  Left-Click doesn't seem to shoot but the mouse works, trying to get it as basic as a fps as possible.

WASD for movement, Mouse for Looking Around, Left Click for Shooting, Space for Jump, Q/E for A/B, and Enter for Start.

EDIT: I got everything to work! changed the graphics plugin to "Glide64mk2", does anyone know how to change the resolution? it's so small.  I found in the config for "Glide64mk2" on-top it shows resolutions you can use but how do I actually change it to that?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 04:26:37 AM by Cpfuzzy »

Offline FX

• Iguana
  • T:REP 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2021, 01:34:43 PM »

Thanks! I have a few graphical glitches but nothing game-breaking.  I tried setting up controls but I'm way to stupid to do it so I'm hoping here someone posts there config.  Left-Click doesn't seem to shoot but the mouse works, trying to get it as basic as a fps as possible.

WASD for movement, Mouse for Looking Around, Left Click for Shooting, Space for Jump, Q/E for A/B, and Enter for Start.

EDIT: I got everything to work! changed the graphics plugin to "Glide64mk2", does anyone know how to change the resolution? it's so small.  I found in the config for "Glide64mk2" on-top it shows resolutions you can use but how do I actually change it to that?
Glad you got your Controls and GUI fixed lol, it happens with some video plugins, unfortunately you cannot bind two keys to the same function.
if you don't know, in game you can go to player options and change weapon switching from wheel to tap, makes it so much easier.

To change your resolution you go to your mupen64plus.cfg search for General-Video, you'll see screen height and screen width, you change them according to your desired resolution (obviously), you can also enable fullscreen.

I am curious if you are getting 60fps, I saw somewhere on this forum that OP said it's 60fps but I'm still running at 30.
Who needs PC ports when we have legends.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal