Author Topic: Ideas For New Turok Game by Nightdive?  (Read 56990 times)

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
  • T:REP 420
    • View Profile
Re: Ideas For New Turok Game by Nightdive?
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2017, 12:38:03 PM »
Well, the thing with Joseph and Danielle is that its was the first time there were two Turoks at the same time. I guess thats unique enough.

Also the topic at hand is discussing a new entry in the game series, not remakes (tough that deserves a thread of its own)

Offline ひまわりくん

• Raptor
  • T:REP 304
  • Gone but not dead
    • View Profile
    • Redbubble
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2017, 02:36:56 PM »
How about a sequel that takes place years after the events of T3, combining the plot of Adon's Curse and giving a reason for Yvree to have stepped up to take Adon's place, EG; Adon would have opposed the merging of the Lost Land and Earth, sealing away the Netherscape.

Offline Doom Dojo

• Iguana
  • T:REP 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2017, 01:44:40 PM »
Bring magic back and stuff that doesn't make sense to our world but only to the Lost Land.

Offline Nfsfan83

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 707
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2017, 08:55:59 AM »
The problem is, if they want make new Turok game, they made game in new standards, I mean max 2 weapons and shitty gameplay.

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
  • T:REP 372
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2017, 10:32:02 PM »
Thought of something else I'd like to see. Turok 2 makes a big deal at the end of how the Oblivion signature is eerily similar to the signature of the Light Burden, what with it being the last remnant of the energy of pure creation and all, and how the Turok lineage had apparently dealt with the threat at some point in the past. According to the strategy guide draft from the Acclaim Archives, the original backstory was that the Flesh Eaters had full reign of the Lost Land in the days before the Turok line existed. Once the Turoks appeared, they and the Flesh Eaters battled for centuries, until Tal'Set took the mantle and swore to wipe them out once and for all. Gathering a large number of the various tribes that lived in the Lost Land, Tal'Set fought in brutal campaigns that culminated in a large battle that saw almost all of the Flesh Eaters wiped out. They retreated back beneath the mountains and went unheard of until Joshua fought the Primagen.

tl;dr - I want to see a game where you play as Tal'Set and deal with the Oblivion threat.

It wouldn't have to follow the old backstory exactly, especially since the games retconned Tal'Set as the first Turok, so there wouldn't be centuries of prior conflict to build off of.

Offline Manhs

• Iguana
  • T:REP 95
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2017, 12:09:04 PM »
Night Dive Studios have a lot of passion for the classic/retro fps, i think They could make something really classic with their possibilities. (They have made a remake of Strife, who is a very good fps, rpg-like with awesome weapons), and they put Eradicator on steam too !

If they use a new engine, like nextgen, they could make a reboot or something new, like a new story but with the system of Turok 1 and 2, some people told me the series started to lose some quality with Turok 3 (not so much exploration, straight level design, not the same atmosphere ect...), i was surprised to see Turok "1" is the favorite in the topic of the poll of "whats your favorite turok game", i thought it could be Turok 2 (solo+ good mp).
But Turok 1 was very atmospheric, i think, we need more fun fps who have that !

My favorite games (Blood, Heretic, Hexen...) will be certainly always in the grave, i hope Turok could do something to make a classic fps with a deep atmosphere.
There is so much WW or Futurist fps nowadays. Turok has aliens but just for a part.

NDS is working on a System Shock remake (reboot?), they will have maybe an engine to start a new turok game, then.

What i would wand is just a classic gameplay, with a lot of stuff from the original games, like weapons (Arc), enemies (raptor), deep atmosphere (Treetop village, it was really special, add rain on it :v )
I would be happy if night dive studios can make a Turok game, they are not like some companies who could just buy a copyright to make something off topic and sell it as their "own game" but wanted have the name because there is a fanbase behind this "name", those kind of companies ruin a lot of IPs, they have made an awesome work with Kaiser who added modding and map tools ! (it needs time, but when Turok 2 will have a fixed map maker, it will be awesome, i could try to learn but ayway).

Turok is an awesome series, if in the future There is a reboot/remake, i will be happy if night dive studios make it because some other companies could just make it off topic and generic (also, player limited to 2 weaps, not real level design, straight, mp for the most ect...), even it's not a AAA with big nextgen graphism and all, a good engine, smooth and all will be enough ^^ 

What i could add to this : "Keep it MAZED !" I like exploration in FPS !  :3

« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 12:11:31 PM by Manhs »

Offline Drahsid

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 557
  • That I be considered worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2017, 01:57:17 AM »
A modern Turok title would be great.
I would love to see a game that goes through the timeline of the Turoks and their stories, until the lost land is saved, yet again.
Basically something with proper story vs gameplay pacing that is very fast paced and crazy; creative weapons as well.
Well that didn't work

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
  • T:REP 372
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2020, 09:48:28 PM »
Thread necro because I had an idea at work today.

One of the random things that seems to circulate through the internet when regular people discuss Turok is the fact that Joshua Fireseed had an uncle, Carl, who was the previous Turok (I dunno why this fact is so prevalent considering it's comic-exclusive and not brought up in the games at all, but I've seen it a bit).

So in the Acclaim comics, Carl becomes Turok when Joshua's dad disappears. But in the game continuity, his dad doesn't disappear; Joshua's parents were killed in a car crash when he like 15 or something.

So I say let's have a Turok game where you play as Carl that does one of two things: either

1. The car crash was a targeted hit by the Dinosoids to take out the Turok lineage, and Carl takes up the mantle for vengeance-related reasons (this assumes Carl is the younger brother like in the comics). Or

2. The crash was still a targeted hit by the Dinosoids but instead meant to demoralize Carl, who in this would already be the current Turok and would then go kill stuff for vengeance-related reasons (this assumes Carl is made the older brother and also that the Dinosoids are pretty stupid to think that this plan would work).

I imagine the player starting in Oklahoma City and having to fight Dinosoids to track down whoever/whatever would give direction to whichever part of the Lost Land the Dinosoids are currently inhabiting. The Dinosoids would be a large force, well-armed and  organized. It could even be the game version of the Amaranthine Accordance, so I guess kinda like the Sleg army but with more ridiculous sci-fi tech and an equal amount of religious fervor. Unfortunately for them, Carl dismantles their operations in a less-than-peaceful manner. Could maybe be an explanation as to why the Dinosoids so willingly join with the Primagen a few years later: they're not as strong as they used to be.

Included among whatever the weapons would be are the Timefire arrows. In the Lost Land, they work like regular arrows, but on Earth, they immediately transport the enemy to the Lost Land like in the comics. This rids the player of an immediate threat but has the potential to backfire on them at a later date in the Lost Land levels if they transport multiple enemies. Not sure how limited these arrows would be, because they're kinda OP but ??????

tl;dr
1. Play as Carl Fireseed, seeking vengeance against the Dinosoids that killed your family
2. Dinosoids are organized like the Sleg w/ crazy weapons
3. Levels both on Earth and in Lost Land
4. Fancy Timefire arrows that can permanently remove an enemy from an Earth level but deposits them in the Lost Land to fight later

Offline ShadowMan

• Iguana
  • T:REP 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2021, 04:48:21 PM »
- Dinosoid
- Jungle jungle jungle!
- Mix gameplay shoot and hunt (infiltration with bow)
- Weapons bizarre like cerebral bore with huge and gore effect
- Environnement interaction (climb tree, mud, )
- Dino Riders
- Multiplayers with IA dinosaurs
- Please keep the look of Turok
- Darren Mitchel composer

Oh god, it's a mix of Turok 2 and Évolution!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 04:51:35 PM by ShadowMan »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal