Author Topic: Turok 1 Guns In Doom by Raffine52 [Doom Mod] V2.2 UPDATED  (Read 19872 times)

Offline Dinobot

• Raptor
  • T:REP 184
    • View Profile
Re: Turok 1 Guns In Doom by Raffine52 [Doom Mod] V2.1 UPDATED
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2020, 06:15:49 PM »
Script error, "Turok1GunsInDoomAddon_AlphaWeapons_EditedBuild.pk3:actors/weapons/tk1betabow.txt" line 91:
Parent type 'TK1Arrow' not found in TK1BetaArrowSlow
Attempt to get invalid state PickupAmmo from actor TK1BetaDeathMachine.
Script error, "Turok1GunsInDoomAddon_AlphaWeapons_EditedBuild.pk3:actors/items/randomspawners.txt" line 35:
Replaced type 'Minigun' not found for TK1MinigunSpawn
Script error, "Turok1GunsInDoomAddon_AlphaWeapons_EditedBuild.pk3:actors/items/randomspawners.txt" line 50:
Replaced type 'Grenadelauncher' not found for TK1GrenadeLauncherSpawn
Script error, "Turok1GunsInDoomAddon_AlphaWeapons_EditedBuild.pk3:actors/items/randomspawners.txt" line 66:
Replaced type 'Railgun' not found for TK1RailgunSpawn
Script error, "Turok1GunsInDoomAddon_AlphaWeapons_EditedBuild.pk3:actors/items/randomspawners.txt" line 80:
Replaced type 'BFG10K' not found for TK1BFG10KSpawn

Offline Nutshot

• Iguana
  • T:REP 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2020, 07:03:50 PM »
Script error, "Turok1GunsInDoomAddon_AlphaWeapons_EditedBuild.pk3:actors/weapons/tk1betabow.txt" line 91:
Parent type 'TK1Arrow' not found in TK1BetaArrowSlow
Attempt to get invalid state PickupAmmo from actor TK1BetaDeathMachine.
Script error, "Turok1GunsInDoomAddon_AlphaWeapons_EditedBuild.pk3:actors/items/randomspawners.txt" line 35:
Replaced type 'Minigun' not found for TK1MinigunSpawn
Script error, "Turok1GunsInDoomAddon_AlphaWeapons_EditedBuild.pk3:actors/items/randomspawners.txt" line 50:
Replaced type 'Grenadelauncher' not found for TK1GrenadeLauncherSpawn
Script error, "Turok1GunsInDoomAddon_AlphaWeapons_EditedBuild.pk3:actors/items/randomspawners.txt" line 66:
Replaced type 'Railgun' not found for TK1RailgunSpawn
Script error, "Turok1GunsInDoomAddon_AlphaWeapons_EditedBuild.pk3:actors/items/randomspawners.txt" line 80:
Replaced type 'BFG10K' not found for TK1BFG10KSpawn

Probably better to use the Bolognese Mod instead of Brutal Doom itself.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/downloads/bolognese-gore-mod-v20
It´s the official Gore Mod from Brutal Doom, and is stated to be compatible with any weapon mod.
I didn´t tried it out yet.

Offline Dinobot

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2020, 07:27:59 PM »
Is there a standalone mod for the A.I?

Offline thebestmlTBM

• Raptor
  • T:REP 466
  • Am I'm a Kid, or am I'm a Squid! - Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2020, 10:06:15 AM »
There is. it's called "Brutal Doom Monsters Only"

Offline Dinobot

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2020, 10:48:43 AM »
Perfect, thanks for the reply :feather:

Offline Nutshot

• Iguana
  • T:REP 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2020, 04:56:07 PM »
Perfect, thanks for the reply :feather:

Your welcome (if that what meant to me). :)

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 9585
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2020, 04:54:29 PM »
Yoohoo  :feather:

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline Dinobot

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2020, 09:23:45 PM »
Thanks for both of you

Offline Raffine52

• Raptor
  • T:REP 524
  • HEAVEN OR HELL, DUEL 1, LET'S ROCK!
    • View Profile
Re: Turok 1 Guns In Doom by Raffine52 [Doom Mod] V2.2
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2022, 01:31:11 PM »
After about Two Years of no updates, Turok 1 Guns in Doom finally returns with a V2.2 update! A long awaited update with many needed changes.

"You wedge the pickaxe under a corner of the lid and push hard. It lurches open with a groan,
and a blast of dank air howls out of the opening. Slate steps lead down into a dark void below.

Descending into the blackness, you light a lamp and see that the walls are encrusted with carvings,
fossils, and bones. As the last rays of light from the entrance recede behind you, a stone floor appears
and the passage widens. You are now standing in a chasm filled with the skeletons of long-dead creatures.

You reach down and pick up a human skull. Its surface is riddled with lacerations that look like tooth marks.

Something growls behind you."

Added a Intermission picture and music. In Turok 1's case, I used the old Winning picture for it.
Enemies now draw blood upon being hit by Bow's Arrows.
After many years of being left out of the mod since V1.9, The Particle Accelerator finally makes a return. It can now charge correctly instead of being just for show, and it is no longer a Alien Weapon clone.
The Alien Rifle has been renamed to Alien Weapon. The Actor name for it is still called 'TK1AilenRifle', but that's to make it closer to the remaster.
Eriko has been removed from the roster. In her place is James Bond 007.
Improved Weapon Effects.
Added GL Light Support. However, The Particle Accelerator, Fusion Cannon and Chronoscepter are still missing GL Lights, but I will add these in a later update.
Removed some old files from years ago.
Nerfed the Knife as it did way too much damage.
Buffed the Fusion Cannon, And the Player can no longer damage themselves with it.
Changed up the way the Pulse Rifle's Projectiles look.
Scaled down some items.
Bow's Arrows now fly slower.
The 'Select Class' screen now says 'Select your Character'.
The Character Icons are now smaller.
Removed one of the remains of the old sprite set from the Quad Missile Launcher.
Doomguy has been added, replacing Pur-Lin by default.
Moved down the logo so you can see the whole thing.
You can now Akimbo Pistols for double the firepower.
Moved the Shell Actors to the Effects Text File.
Bullet Impacts and Blood Effects are replaced with the ones based off of Turok 1.
Added in the Console Background.
The Mod's name is now shown while GZDoom/Zan is loading up.

The Alpha Guns Addon has also gotten a big update of it's own, too.

Included all of the improvements and changes V2.2 brings (Improved Weapon Effects, GL Light Support, and some Weapon/Item Changes).
Nerfed the Alpha Knife as it did way too much damage.
Alpha Bow's Arrows now fly slower.
Renamed some sprites so it does not show the wrong sprites for the new added in things from the base mod.
The Prototype Pulse Rifle has been changed completely: Instead of working the same as the Pulse Rifle, It Is now a Sniper Rifle Type Weapon that fires Fast Projectiles with a Tracer behind them. It also has it's own firing sound as well.
The Lighting Gun has been overhauled: Instead of firing fast Projectiles, It instead fires lighting that has limited range.
Done some unlisted changes on the Beta Fusion Cannon, I did however listed two of the changes I remembered: It now only has one Firing mode, And removed parts of the background on the firing sprites.

Trailer:

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/60i94zzv30f1f/Turok_1_Guns_in_Doom

Offline Axer

• Iguana
  • T:REP 3
    • View Profile
Re: Turok 1 Guns In Doom by Raffine52 [Doom Mod] V2.2 UPDATED
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2022, 05:34:35 AM »
Thanks for the awesome mod. Appreciate your hard work on this   :)

Tried it out on the wad / map pack "uplink" . It's a 3 level sci-fi pack, not too hard, features some custom content but loading the mod after in ZDL resulted in no issues.

I also tried every character a bit.. But other than the alien infantry starting with alien weapon and heavy weapons guy starting with minigun, i didn't really notice any differences. Doomguy for example seemed 100% the same as Tal-set, even down to their sounds (tal set didn't seem to have unique sounds). While the other characters had some unique sounds but mostly seemed the same. Jame bond i expected to have some weapons from goldeneye, but had all the same turok arsenal.
Can you explain the differences in the character classes?

Only minor bug i encountered is the ultra health first encountered on this map (if you want to test, its available in the first 60 seconds of the first level and not hidden), had the yellow ultra health graphic, but couldn't be picked up until I Was under 100 health, thus acting as the Red full health. Later levels ultra health worked as expected.

Suggestion: Please consider updating the weapons sprites to support widescreen. I'm not sure why you cut them off at 4:3, doesn't look great.. Since they are 3D models and support widescreen fine in the nightdive remaster... And actually even the N64 original if you use a gameshark code or patch to force widescreen, they display correctly. I suppose maybe you took them from the N64 version to get the retro pixelated look that matches doom better, which is cool, you did a great job in terms of animations matching up.. But even your own videos are in widescreen, so would be cool if you could add widescreen support.
Here is a video of the n64 version patched in widescreen, not the best vid can you can at least see the weapons viewmodel doesn't get cut off:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal